Breakups are never easy no matter how long you are dating.
There are many reasons why couples decide to end the relationship and go separate ways.
Some people fall out of love while others have to leave because their partner was unfaithful.
Finding your soulmate takes time and you will likely end up dating a few people before you meet the one you can marry and live happily ever after.
This means you will have to deal with breakups.
|Why You Should Join?
|Check it Out
|Best for Dating
|Best for Serious Relationships
Some people get too emotional and blame their partners for things not working out or even worse they just ghost their partners without giving them any heads up.
There are much better ways to deal with breakups and today we will take a look at some examples of how you can end a relationship on good terms.
Don’t miss: How To Let A Guy Down Easy After Leading Him On
Should You Break Up Over Text Or In Person?
There are a lot of debates on whether it’s better to break up with someone in person or over text.
In general, if you were seeing someone for a long time you should break up with them in person so that they know what exactly happened.
If however, you were only seeing each other for a short period of time, breaking up over text is fine.
For example, you don’t need to break up in person with a guy you only dated for a few weeks.
No matter if you decide to break up with your partner over text or in person the mature way to do it is to try to avoid hurting them.
Unless your partner was physically hurting you, there is no reason to burn bridges and make them hate you.
So let’s take a look at how you can break up with someone without hurting them.
Examples of How To Break Up With Someone Over Text Without Hurting Them
1. I’ve been thinking about this for a few days now and I don’t think we are a good match. I think it is better if we go our separate ways so that we are not wasting each other’s time.
2. I really like you and you’re a great person but I think we need to be honest with ourselves and admit that we are not a good fit.
3. I’m afraid this isn’t going to work out. I’m not looking for a relationship right now and I think you should be with someone who can give you more. There are no hard feelings, I hope we can stay in touch.
4. I’m sorry, but I just don’t feel a connection. I’m afraid it’s best if we go our separate ways. I hope we can stay friends though.
5. I have been giving this a lot of thought and I think that we are better off as friends. I’m sorry to say this, but I feel like we are very different and want different things in life.
6. I’ve been thinking a lot lately and I’ve realized that I don’t think we are a good fit for each other. I’m just not feeling the spark. I hope you find the person you are looking for.
7. I’m really bad at being in a relationship. I’ve hurt people before through my actions and I don’t want to hurt you, so it is better if I let you go.
8. I really value our friendship and want to stay close, but I have to let you go romantically. I hope you can forgive me.
9. I really don’t think this is going to work out. It’s nothing you did, it’s just that I’m not ready for a relationship right now. I hope we can stay friends.
10. I’m sorry I had to say this over text, but I feel like we were just going in different directions and I didn’t want to hurt your feelings. I’m sure we will run into each other around campus and hopefully, we can still be friends.
11. I hope this isn’t too harsh and I think you’re a great person but I don’t think that the two of us are meant to be. I know that may sound cruel, but I hope you find the girl who is right for you.
12. I’m sorry to do this over text but I’m not looking for a serious relationship right now. I don’t want to lead you on and I hope you understand.
13. I know we’ve been seeing each other for a few weeks now, but I think we’d be better as friends. I really do like you and hope we can still spend time together.
14. I want to break up because I feel that there are other things I should be focusing on right now. I don’t want to hurt you, but I feel like I’m not giving you the attention you deserve.
15. I’m sorry to be the one to tell you, but I’ve been feeling lately that I don’t have the same feelings for you as before. I don’t want to hurt you, but I need you to know that I’m not in the same place anymore and it is better if we go our separate ways.
16. I have been having doubts about us for a while now, but I was afraid to tell you. I think that it’s best if we don’t see each other anymore. I hope you understand.
17. I think it’s best if we take some time apart. I know I’ve been pushing for us to take our relationship to the next level, but I’ve realized that I’m not ready. I hope you can forgive me for pushing you into this. I really wish you the best.
18. I really like you, but I don’t feel like we’re on the same page at all. We want completely different things from this relationship. I still think you’re really awesome, but I don’t believe we’re meant to be.
19. I don’t think we should see each other anymore. I haven’t been feeling the same way about you lately and I think we should just part ways now before we both get hurt. I think we’ll both find someone who makes us really happy and we’ll laugh about this someday.
20. I am not interested in a relationship right now, and I don’t think you are either. We’ve had a great time together, but it is time to move on.
21. I really like you and we had a lot of fun together, but I don’t see us as a long-term match. I think we should still try to hang out and have fun, but I want to make it clear that we should keep it fully platonic.
22. I don’t want to hurt you, but I don’t think this relationship is going to last. I still care about you, but I don’t see us being together in the long term.
23. I am so sorry, but I cannot give you what you want. I like you, but I think that our relationship is not working. I hope you find someone who can give you what you deserve.
Don’t miss: 21 Signs That a Girl Is Using You
24. It has been fun, but I do not feel the same way about you that you feel about me, and I think it is better if stop seeing each other. I wish you happiness in your life.
25. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I don’t think this is working anymore. I really like you, but I don’t feel like we’re on the same page.
26. We had a very strong connection when we first met but I am afraid that it is not there anymore and it is better if we move on our separate ways. I’m really sorry, but since we had such a great time I would like to keep in touch. What do you think?
27. I really like you, but I don’t think we should be together. I think we would both be happier if we went our separate ways. I’m really sorry, but I hope we can stay friends.
28. I’ve been giving it some thought and I’ve decided that I’m not ready for a relationship right now. I have a lot going on in my life and I think it is in both of our best interests if we ended things now. I hope you understand.
29. I’ve been giving it some thought and I think you are a great guy but we are just not good for each other. I think we are better off as friends.
30. I have been giving it some thought and I feel that I’ve become more distant from you over the past few weeks. I think I’m just not ready for a relationship right now. I want to thank you for being patient with me.
Read next: How to Find a Boyfriend Online in 7 Days?