So you met a guy online, chatted with him for a week or two, and finally decided to meet him in real life.
The first date went well but you realized that there was no chemistry between you two.
However, you didn’t want to make the guy feel bad and the next time he asked you out again you said yes.
This time you even let him make out with you to see if there was any attraction but you still felt nothing.
Even though you wanted to let him know how you felt, you couldn’t find the right moment and ended up going on a few more dates.
|Why You Should Join?
|Check it Out
|Best for Dating
|Best for Serious Relationships
Now one month later you finally realized that it is not fair to continue leading him on and making him think that you actually have feelings for him.
How to Let A Guy Down Easy After Leading Him On?
If you are not interested in a guy it is usually a good idea to let him know about it as soon as possible before he develops any strong feelings for you.
Unfortunately, it might take time before you finally realize that you are just not really into him.
After you let the guy down, he will likely resent you but at least you will know that you did the right thing.
Here are some ideas and examples of how to let the guy know that you are not interested anymore.
I really enjoyed the time we spend together but I realized that we are not really compatible and I think it would be much better if we stay as friends.
I know you will hate me for saying this but I just want to be honest with you about how I feel. You are a great guy and I appreciate all the time you spent with me.
I’m really sorry for hurting you but I hope you can understand.
When I first met you I felt really attracted to you but over the last couple of weeks, I realized that I am not ready for a relationship.
I know you are looking for something serious and I just don’t want to lead you on because you deserve much better than this.
I hope you will be able to forgive me and find a girl who is right for you.
I really enjoyed spending time with you but I think we are not on the same page.
I am not looking for a serious relationship right now because I want to travel the world and experience things without being tied down to anything and I think it’s better if we stay as friends because I still care a lot about you.
I’m really glad that we had a chance to get to know each other but I don’t think it will work out between us.
I feel so bad about telling you this but I just want to be honest with you.
I really enjoyed hanging out with you but I’m not ready for a relationship right now because I really need to focus on my studies.
I think it would be better if we can stay friends and I hope you will be able to forgive me for not telling you this earlier.
There is no easy way to say this but I think we are better off as friends.
I really enjoyed your company and I will miss you if you decide to stop talking to me but I just want to be honest with you about how I feel.
I feel like chemistry is just not there and I don’t want to pretend and lead you on because you deserve better than this.
I really liked you and I thought that we had a connection but I realized that you want something serious and I just don’t feel ready for a relationship right now.
I have too many things going on in my life and I just don’t have time for a relationship.
I’m sorry but I hope you will understand.
I really enjoyed your company but I think it’s better that we stop seeing each other.
This is hard for me too but I just want to be honest with you about how I feel.
I think there is no chemistry between us and I don’t want to waste your time.
It was really nice to spend time with you and I hope you will be able to find someone who will make you happy.
I really like you but I think we are better off as friends. I just don’t think it’s working out between us.
I think we are different in many ways and I don’t want to lead you on if I don’t feel the same way that you do.
I’m really sorry for hurting you but I hope you will be able to understand.
I really enjoyed spending time with you but I think we need to move on.
You deserve someone who is ready for commitment and I am really sorry if I led you on.
I hope we can still be friends.
Don’t miss: 10 Reasons Why Guys Disappear and Then Come Back
7 Tips For How To Let A Guy Down Easy
- Be gentle but honest. It is better to say something like “I’m sorry, but I don’t think we are a good match” than to say “I don’t think we should see each other anymore”.
- Don’t tell him that you are breaking up with him because you met someone else. He will get hurt even more if he thinks that he is not good enough for you.
- Don’t use the “we are just friends” excuse. It is better to just say that you don’t have feelings for him instead of pretending like all this time you were just friends and it is his fault for thinking that you were something more than that.
- Don’t be overly nice or affectionate after you have broken up with him. Don’t make him think that you both still have a chance.
- If he asks you why you are breaking up with him, tell him the truth.
- If he starts to cry or beg you to stay with him, tell him that you feel extremely bad about this as well but you want to be honest about how you feel.
- Don’t keep him on a string just becasue you are not sure how you feel about him. It is better to tell him the truth right away instead of leading him on and making him believe that you two have a future together.