No matter whether you meet a girl on a dating site or in real life, you need to get her number if you want to take things to the next level.
You don’t want to leave without asking for her phone number because you might never see her again.
In this post, we will look at several smooth ways to ask a girl for her number.
Don’t miss: What To Text A Girl After You Get Her Number?
Why Not Just Ask for a Girl’s Number Directly?
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
In fact, most of the time if the girl likes you, a simple “Hey, can I get your number?” will work.
However in some situations like in a club, bar, or even on Tinder where there is a lot of competition from other guys creative approaches can be more effective.
Using more unique approaches when asking for a phone number will help you stand out and make a girl feel more comfortable.
Some girls are so used to guys asking for their phone numbers, that they might reject you just because you sound like all other guys.
If however, you use a more interesting approach when asking for her digits, your chances of being successful will be much higher just because you are “different”.
25 Unique and Funny Ways to Ask a Girl for Her Number Online and Offline
So what are some clever ways to ask for a girl’s number?
1. Tell her you don’t have your phone on you and ask her to write her phone number on your palm. If she doesn’t have a pen, tell her that lipstick will work as well.
2. “I don’t usually give my number to girls that I just met, but if you give me yours that will work”
3. “I’ve really enjoyed chatting with you but I have to run now. Can I call you later this week to see if you are available for a coffee? What’s your number?”
4. “I’ve had fun talking to you. How about we meet up for a coffee sometime next week? What’s your number?”
5. When chatting online: “Hey I am going to sleep right now. What’s your number? I will text you tomorrow and will let you know if I had any wild dreams!”
6. “I loved talking to you! I will add you to my contacts. Already have your name, just missing your number.“
7. “You are really cute! Give me your number and let’s hang out sometime!”
8. “Let’s grab coffee sometime. Give me your number and I will text you later.”
9. “You sound like a cool girl and I want to get to know you better. Give me your number and I will get in touch with you sometime next week.”
10. If she is working – cashier, waitress, receptionist. Give her a note with your number instead. Or tell her to text you if she wants to hang out sometime.
11. When online: “I am not usually online so texting might be easier. What’s your number?”
12. “Hey sorry I have an appointment in 5 minutes but I really want to chat with you again. Do you have WhatsApp?” If not, ask if she has a phone number.
13. “If you give me your number I promise to never ever call or text you in the middle of the night unless it’s an emergency“
14. “Hey, let’s exchange numbers so we can go out for ice cream someday.“
15. “Hey, let’s swap numbers so I can send you pictures of my dog doing silly things!“
16. “Would you like to exchange numbers so we can chat about the random things that happen in life?“
17. “So I just realized that I don’t have your number yet…“
18. “If only Cinderella had a phone, then she wouldn’t have lost her prince. Can you give me your number so that doesn’t happen to us?“
19. “Is there any chance that I could get your digits so that we can continue our conversation later on?“
20. “If I give you my number, do you promise to use it responsibly?“
21. “Is your phone number as beautiful as you are?“
22. “If I give you my number, will you give me yours in return?“
23. “You seem like an interesting person! Can I get your number so we can talk again?“
24. “Can I have your number so I can send you motivational quotes every morning?“
25. “You seem like someone I should keep in touch with, do you agree?“
Don’t miss: Funny Ways to Ask For a Number on Tinder
When is the Right Time to Ask for a Phone Number?
The right timing can make a huge difference when asking for a phone number.
If you are chatting with a girl online, ask for her number after you exchanged around 7-10 messages.
The idea is to build a little rapport before asking for a phone number but before the conversation gets boring.
You can continue chatting and getting to know each other over the phone.
If you wait for too long before asking for her number, she might get bored or distracted by all the other guys that want to chat with her online.
If you meet a girl in real life, get her number just before leaving.
Use one of the examples in this post to get her number.
Even if there is not much attraction between you at this point, you can always tell her that you just want to stay in touch.
What to Do If She Doesn’t Want to Give You Her Phone Number?
Not every girl will give you her number no matter how good you are with your approach.
She might be taken, not interested, shy, or just afraid to share her details with a stranger.
If you get rejected when asking for her number, just accept it.
There are always other girls who will be more interested in you and there is no need to force someone to give you their phone number.
This will only make you look desperate and creepy.
However, if you still feel like she might be interested, you can always write your number on a piece of paper and give it to her in case she changes her mind later.
Tell her: “No worries, but if you ever feel bored here is my number!”
Read next: 10 Ways to Text a Younger Woman