Do you have a crush on a guy and can’t wait until he finally messages you?
Or maybe you just started seeing a new guy but you always wait for him to message you first to avoid sounding clingy or desperate?
If it sounds like you, we have a bunch of awesome examples that will make it easier for you to message the guys you like without coming across as too eager.
However, first of all, let’s take a look at some texts that you should avoid sending to a guy you just met.
Examples of Desperate Texts That Women Send
- “I think I’m falling for you.”
- “Do you love me?”
- “I love you” (when you haven’t even kissed)
- “I can’t live without you”
- “You’re the best guy I’ve ever met”
- “I can’t sleep without you”
- “I know I’m not your type but…”
- “I want you to meet my family”
- “I want you to be my first”
- “I want to have your babies”
- “Why are you not texting me?”
Read more: 17 Biggest Turn Offs For Guys
Some of these texts might be okay if you have been dating for a while but if you just met a guy avoid them.
So what should you text your new crush instead?
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Relationships||Browse Photos|
|Best for 50+ Singles||Browse Photos|
If you are not sure that he is interested in you, don’t text him anything that implies that you are both are dating or exclusive.
Instead, try to be casual about it and text him as you would text your female friend.
How to Text A Guy First Without Sounding Too Eager or Desperate?
1. “Hey there! What’s up?” – This is a short and sweet way to text a guy first. It’s non-intrusive and doesn’t make you seem like you’re dying for him to text you back.
2. “Hey! How’s it going?” – This is another easy way to text a guy. It’s casual and doesn’t make you seem too eager.
3. “What are you up to?” – This text is a little more personal but still pretty casual.
4. “Hey! I’m bored. What are you up to?” – This text shows a guy that you are thinking about him, but it doesn’t make you look too eager because you are just bored.
5. “I was thinking about you today.” – This one is great because it’s flirty but not overly cheesy.
6. “Hey you! How’s the weekend treating you?” – This text shows a guy that you’re interested in what he’s up to without being too clingy.
7. “Hi! How was your day?” or “How’s your day going?”
8. “How’s your week going?”
9. “Hey! I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”
10. “Hey! I really enjoyed our workout last week! We should do it again sometime”
11. “I’m going to a party downtown. You should come!”
12. “I’m bored at work. What are you up to?”
13. “I’m going to the movies with some friends. Come with us?”
14. “Hey there, long time no talk.”
15. “Haven’t heard from you in a while, how is it going?”
16. “I am busy with school but I think we should catch up soon?”
17. “I’m hanging out with so-and-so, want to come?”
18. “I saw something interesting.”
19. “What’s new?”
20. “My boss is away for two days. Want to have lunch?”
21. “Hey stranger.”
22. “I’m thinking about getting a dog. What do you think?”
23. “I’m going to be in your neighborhood. Want to grab a coffee?”
24. “Hi! Just thought I’d say hi.”
25. “Hey there! Just got back from my hiking trip. It was so much fun.”
26. “Hey! I was thinking about going to a movie tonight, any suggestions on what should I watch?”
27. “Hey! I’m bored out of my mind. You wanna go do something?”
28. “Hey there! You still around?”
29. “I’m going to the gym. You in?”
30. “Hey! I have a question.”
Don’t miss: 17 Examples of How to Text an Older Guy
Examples of the Conversations With Guys When Texting Them First
You: Hey! How’s it going?
Guy: Not too bad. What’s up?
You: Nothing much. Just hanging out with my roommate and watching Netflix.
Guy: Oh cool. What movie are you watching?
You: We’re watching Shameless. It’s awesome!
Guy: I just finished watching it. It’s so funny!
You: I know! I’m addicted!
Guy: I feel ya!
You: Hey! I’m bored. What are you up to?
Guy: I’m bored too. Wanna hang out?
You: Sure! When?
Guy: Whenever works for you!
You: How about now?
Guy: Sounds good. Where do you want to go?
You: I don’t care lol
Guy: Do you have Netflix?
Guy: Cool. Let’s just chill at your place?
You: Sounds good.
Guy: Okay! I’ll be over in an hour.
You: Okay bye!
You: I’m going to the movies with some friends. Come with us?
Guy: I’d love to!
You: Awesome. We were planning to watch Star Wars if it works for you.
Guy: I’ve been dying to see the new Star Wars movie.
You: Oh my god! Me too! It’s should be good. I can’t wait!
Guy: Awesome. Let me know what time we should meet.
You: Okay. Sounds good.
You: Hey! I really enjoyed our workout last week! We should do it again sometime.
Guy: Yeah it was fun!
You: Great! Do you want to work out this weekend?
Guy: Sure! How about Saturday?
You: Perfect! How about we meet at the gym at 8 am?
Guy: Sounds good. I’ll see you then.
You: Haven’t heard from you in a while, how is it going?
Guy: I’ve been good. What about you?
You: Good! Are you busy tonight?
Guy: Not too bad. What did you have in mind?
You: I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?
Guy: Sounds like a plan!
You: I was thinking we could grab a drink and maybe watch a movie.
Guy: Sounds good to me.
You: Cool. Are you free tonight around 7?
Guy: Yeah I can do that.
You: Awesome! I’ll text you the address.
Guy: Sounds good. I’ll see you later.
Tips for Messaging Guys First
If you sound enthusiastic, the guys will be more excited to text you back. No one wants to chat or date negative people.
Ask Him About Himself
Guys love to talk about themselves. So if you don’t know what to talk about just ask about his hobbies, work, or school.
Keep it Short and Sweet
To avoid sounding too eager or needy don’t send long texts and don’t ask too many questions at once. Make it easy for a guy to reply.
If you can make him laugh, he will be more interested in talking to you.
Don’t Be Pushy
Don’t be too forward. If he is not replying to your texts right away, don’t ask him why he takes so long to reply.
If he didn’t ask you out yet, you can suggest meeting up, but don’t demand it especially if he is not interested.
Tell him something personal about yourself without giving too much information. Give him little tidbits about yourself so that he will want to get to know more about you.
Don’t Ask for Anything
Guys don’t like to feel like they are being used. If you are only interested in him for his money, car, or apartment, he will know and it will be a big turn-off.