After you sign up for a dating site, one of the first things you will have to do is create your profile.
This is your chance to introduce yourself to potential dates and let them know what you’re looking for in a relationship.
Most singles are not good at describing themselves on dating sites and end up with boring and generic bios that nobody reads.
If you want to stand out from the crowd, it’s important to figure out what makes you unique and interesting.
To make it easier for you let’s take a look at some examples of how you can describe yourself in a way that will help you to get more matches and dates.
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
If you are still looking for a good dating site to join, eharmony is a good place to start.
What to Write About Yourself on a Dating Site for Males
1. I’m a laid-back guy who loves hiking, camping, and skiing.
I work as a flight attendant and I love it because it gives me plenty of time off to relax and recharge.
When I’m not at work or hanging out with friends, you can usually find me catching up on my favorite TV shows or playing video games
2. I’m an animal lover and I have two dogs and a cat. I’m also an avid reader and love spending my free time curled up with a good book.
My ideal partner is someone who shares my interests, is compassionate, and can have a conversation about anything.
3. Hi! My name is Alex and I’m a bit of a thrill-seeker.
I’m always up for trying new things whether it’s bungee jumping, sky diving, or just going on a new hike.
I’m looking for someone who wants to experience life to the fullest and isn’t afraid of a little adventure!
4. Hey there! I’m John and I love spending my time outdoors whether it’s hiking, camping, biking, or just playing around in the park.
I work as a software engineer and I love it but I also try to make time for the things I’m passionate about like cooking, reading, and playing guitar.
I’m looking for someone who is active and loves spending time outdoors as much as I do.
5. Hi there! My name is Jesse and I love spending my time either out exploring new places or staying in and watching a good movie. I also enjoy photography and playing the guitar.
Don’t miss: 150 Best Dating Site Username Examples for Guys
6. Hi there! I’m Mike and I love to push my boundaries.
Snowboarding, surfing, and white water rafting are some of my favorite activities.
I’m always looking for new adventures to embark on, and I would love to find someone with the same thirst for life.
7. I work in the medical field and I see the best and worst of humanity every day. Despite this, I remain optimistic and believe that there is goodness in everyone.
I’m looking for someone who shares my values and wants to make the world a better place.
8. I come from a close-knit family and am very close with my siblings and parents.
I’m looking for a woman who can be my best friend as well as my lover.
9. I grew up traveling the world with my parents and have seen more than my fair share of different cultures and landscapes.
While this has been an amazing experience, it has also left me longing for a place to call home.
I’m looking for someone who can share this passion for travel with me, as well as help me find that place where we can finally put down roots.
Don’t miss: Best Dating Profile Examples For Mature Women
10. I’m a down-to-earth guy who likes simple things in life. A good cup of coffee, spending time with my dog, and being outside in nature are some of my favorite things.
I strive for balance and try to live a healthy lifestyle, but I’m also not opposed to indulging in some cake or ice cream every once in a while.
I’m looking for someone who shares similar values and is looking for a long-term relationship.
11. Hello! My name is Dave and I am originally from Canada but have been living in Australia for the past few years working as a professional photographer.
Photography is my passion and I feel fortunate to be able to pursue it full-time.
In my free time, I enjoy exploring new places with my camera and meeting new people from all walks of life.
I am looking to meet someone with similar interests and a positive outlook on life.
12. I am 6’1″ tall, athletic build. I enjoy hiking, biking, snowboarding, and playing soccer. I grew up in New Jersey but have been living in Colorado for the past 5 years.
I work as an engineer during the week and like to spend my weekends outdoors exploring new places around town.
I’m looking for someone who is active and prefers spending time outside instead of sitting on the couch all day.
13. James is your typical guy’s guy – he loves sports and his truck!
He likes going out for drinks with the guys after work and watching football on Sundays with his buddies.
However, he’s also a hopeless romantic at heart and is looking for a woman who can appreciate both his rough exterior and his soft side.
14. Hi there! I’m Bob. I grew up on a small farm in Iowa and have always been close to nature.
Even now, as an adult, I find myself drawn to hiking, camping, and fishing whenever I can get away from work.
My ideal partner would be someone who shares my love of the outdoors and enjoys simple things in life!
15. I’m a spontaneous guy and love to just go with the flow.
I don’t like people who are always rigid and need things to be a certain way – life is too short!
That’s why I’m looking for someone who can challenge me and push me out of my comfort zone from time to time.
Are you up for an adventure?
16. Hey! My name is Steve but most people call me Steverino (don’t ask why lol).
Anyway, I’m Italian-American – both my parents are first-generation immigrants from Italy so you could say that food runs through my veins haha!
Family is really important to me so if you’re not close with yours then we might not be compatible.
Other than that I think I’m pretty easygoing. Just looking for somebody genuine to connect with!
17. I’m a single father of two wonderful kids who are my whole world. While I love being a dad, it does mean that my free time is limited.
When I do have some spare time, I like to spend it reading, hiking, or fishing – anything that gets me away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
18. Country boy at heart but currently living in the city while working towards my degree in mechanical engineering.
Love going out on weekends horseback riding, line dancing at country bars, watching college football, or just having a BBQ with friends!
Looking for a country girl with similar interests!
19. Hey everyone! My name’s Jeff and I recently moved back to the area after living out west for a few years.
Some of my favorite things to do are hiking, fishing, going to the beach or lake in the summer and snowboarding in the winter.
I’m a pretty easygoing guy who’s just looking to meet some new people and hopefully find that special someone!
20. I’m a pretty simple guy, but that doesn’t mean boring!
I like good books, deep conversations, and exploring new places just as much as the next person.
What makes me unique is my ability to find joy and adventure in everyday life.
I’m looking for someone who shares this outlook on life and is ready to take things one day at a time with me.
21. On first appearances, people tend to think that I’m quite serious and even intimidating. However, once you get to know me better, you’ll realize that I have a goofy sense of humor and very easygoing.
My friends would describe me as being loyal and reliable – two qualities that are extremely important to me both in friendships and relationships alike.
If you’re looking for someone stable but fun-loving, then look no further!
22. As cliche as it sounds, I really am just a big kid at heart!
Sure, I may have grown up but that doesn’t mean that I don’t still enjoy spending time playing video games or building Lego towers (which yes – I know are technically meant for kids).
Life’s too short to take everything so seriously all of the time – we need to learn how to relax and just have fun sometimes!
23. I’ve been told that patience is one of my virtues. It definitely comes in handy when gardening (something I love to do in my free time) as well as dealing with challenging situations at work from time-to-time.
When it comes down to it though, what this really means is that I don’t sweat the small stuff.
Life ’s too short to be getting worked up over every little thing – don’t you think?
24. At first glance, some people tend to think that I’m standoffish or even coldhearted.
However, those who know me best would tell you that this couldn’t be further from the truth. Once you get to know me, you’ll realize that I’m one of the most compassionate and caring people around.
I enjoy making a difference in other people’s lives, whether it’s through volunteering at local charities or simply lending a listening ear and sometimes a shoulder to cry on for anyone in need.
If you’re looking for someone who will always be there for you, then look no further!
25. 29 years young originally form good ole North Carolina currently living in a sunny California.
Ok, so full disclosure – cooking is not one of my skills but what I am good at is finding amazing restaurants and cafes wherever I go!
Trust me, there are some hidden gems out there waiting to be discovered. With me, you’ll never go hungry!
Don’t miss: 100 Best Dating Headlines for Men
What to Write About Yourself on a Dating Site for Females
1. I’m an avid traveler and have been to many places around the world.
I love learning about new cultures and seeing historical places. I work in the travel industry so I get to travel a lot for work as well which is amazing!
When I’m not traveling, I love going out dancing with friends.
2. I am currently a university student, working toward my law degree. One day, I hope to start my own law firm.
In my spare time, I enjoy playing sports such as volleyball and soccer. I am also passionate about music and playing the piano.
3. For as long as I can remember, I have loved animals and wanted to work with them. So, that’s exactly what I do right now!
I am currently a veterinary technician and absolutely love my job despite the long hours. I am passionate about helping animals and making a difference in their lives.
I also enjoy traveling and I hope to see as much of the world as possible.
4. I work as a journalist and I absolutely love my job. Every day, I learn something new and share it with the world.
I love spending time outdoors – camping, hiking and just being in the mountains.
I want to meet a guy who is ambitious and driven but also knows how to relax and enjoy life!
5. I grew up in a small town and after finishing university, I decided to stay close to home.
Currently, I work as a kindergarten teacher. I love my job because every day is different and I get to help shape young minds.
6. I’m Rachel, and this is my first time trying online dating. I’m a dog mom, an avid reader, and am currently training for my first triathlon.
I’m looking for someone who shares some of my interests but can also introduce me to new things – I’m always up for exploring!
7. I’m a pretty easygoing person and can get along with almost everyone. I enjoy traveling and I am always up for trying something new.
I work as a nurse and my passion is to make a difference in the lives of others.
8. Hi there! My name is Emily and I am currently a university student.
On weekends, you can usually find me hanging out with friends or exploring different parts of town. I also injoy hiking in the beautiful mountains that surround my school.
I’m looking for somebody who is outgoing, adventurous, and up for anything!
9. I am a proud mother of two young kids. They are my world and I would do anything for them.
Even though they keep me busy, I still find time for myself to paint, hike, and do yoga.
I’m looking for someone who understands the importance of family and is willing to make room for me in their life.
10. I’m not good at writing about myself, but my friends say that I’m intelligent, professional, loyal, and fun.
They also say that I’m a bit of a workaholic, but I guess that’s because I love what I do!
In my free time, I like to stay active by playing sports and going on hikes with my dog.
I’m looking for someone who can keep up with my busy lifestyle because I don’t want to slow down anytime soon!
11. Hello! My name is Jane! After growing up on the East Coast, I moved out West to pursue my career in fashion design.
I love my life in California, but I do miss the seasons back home!
In my free time, you can find me playing tennis, hiking with my dog, or enjoying a glass of wine with friends.
I’m looking for someone who is intelligent, driven, and has a good sense of humor. If that sounds like you, send me message!
12. Hi there! So glad you stopped by my profile!
My name is Fiona and people tend to describe me as creative, spontaneous, and outgoing.
On any given day you can find me painting, hiking, or baking something yummy. Now that summer is here I’m hoping to add some beach days into the mix as well!
13. My name is Britney and before you ask – no that’s not my real hair color (it’s actually black).
Fun fact about me – even though I love fashion and all things girly, I’m actually quite the tomboy at heart.
I love playing soccer, going camping, and even thinking about taking up rock climbing.
If you’re looking for a girl who isn’t afraid to get dirty, then you’ve found her!
14. My name is Emily! People tend to tell me that I have a loud personality, but hey it keeps things interesting right?
I’m currently in school for nursing and should finish up in another year or two.
When I have free time, which isn’t often, I enjoy reading and hanging out with my friends.
Shoot me a message if you think we might hit it off!
15. Hi there! My name is Steph and I’m 26 years old. I work in marketing, and enjoy reading and going on hikes in my free time.
I grew up in California but recently moved to New York for work, which has been an amazing experience so far despite the fact that the winter here is so cold.
I’m hoping to meet someone who can show me around this great city and hopefully we’ll hit it off!
Don’t miss: 167 Examples of Good Bumble Bios for Women
16. I just turned 25 last month and currently working as a preschool teacher. I love kids, but don’t want any of my own just yet.
In my spare time, I like hiking, running, or just chilling at the beach with a good book and a cold drink.
17. My name is Allison and I work in Vancouver as a financial analyst.
It’s a pretty demanding job that takes up most of my weekdays, but I still make sure to set aside some “me” time every day – whether it’s going on a run or indulging in a face mask while binge-watching my latest Netflix obsession.
On the weekends you can usually find me hanging out with friends, exploring new restaurants and bars, or taking my dog for long walks around Stanley Park.
18. Hi, I’m Caroline. I’m a writer and an animal lover.
In my free time, you can usually find me curled up on the couch with my cat, reading a book or watching TV.
For me, the perfect date would involve good conversations over dinner followed by stargazing – although cuddling during the movie is always fun as well.
19. Hello! My name is Emily and I work in marketing.
In my free time, you can usually find me catching up on the latest TV shows or planning my next vacation (I love to travel!).
While online dating can be frustrating at times, it’s also led me to meet some really great people that I wouldn’t have otherwise crossed paths with. So far, so good!
A perfect date for me would be something low-key like dinner and a movie or getting drinks at a local brewery.
20. Hello! My name is Emily!
Here’s what you need to know about me – I love animals (especially dogs), coffee shop is my happy place, and Sunday mornings spent in bed with brunch are basically Heaven on Earth as far as I’m concerned.
21. I grew up in England but moved over here around 5 years ago after finishing university.
Since then I’ve been lucky enough to travel quite a lot thanks to work – nothing beats experiencing different cultures first hand!
In terms of interests running takes up most of my free time these days but other than that I like cooking healthy dishes, yoga, anything outdoorsy really. Oh I also love animals especially dogs!
22. I’m Jen! I love animals, books, hiking, nature photography, and playing sports – even though I’m not very good at them.
One of my favorite things to do is go on long walks while listening to podcasts – it’s the best way to clear my head after a long day at work.
I think relationships are built on trust and communication so these are two qualities that are important to me in a partner.
23. My name is Jenna! Anything active outdoors always catches my eye – think kayaking down rivers or exploring new trails on bike or foot. However, I also love game nights with friends.
When it comes to dating I want someone who is assertive and can take charge but is also sweet and romantic.
A perfect date for me would be going out for drinks or dinner then maybe some dessert afterwards while walking through the city hand in hand.
24. Hi there! My name is Kate and if you couldn’t tell from my pictures already, I absolutely love animals!
From taking care of orphaned baby bunnies at the local shelter to volunteering as a dog walker at the humane society on weekends – giving back to these beautiful creatures brings me a lot of joy.
Outside of animal-related activities though, you can usually find me reading, going on runs, or taking road trips!
25. Hello! My name is Anna and I’m 36 years old living in Los Angeles working as a nurse.
In my free time, you can find me reading books, exploring different parts of LA that I haven’t been to yet, or hanging out with friends – preferably with some sort of yummy food involved.
When it comes to dating, I want someone who is laid back, active and reliable. A perfect date for me would be something outdoors like hiking or biking followed by some drinks.
Read next: 20 Dating Profile Examples for Women Over 40