One of the easiest ways to stand out from the crowd and get more matches is to have a fun engaging bio.
If you can make people laugh, they will be more likely to swipe right and message you.
But what if you are not funny and have no idea what to put on your dating profile?
Don’t worry – we will share with you 50 examples that you can use to describe yourself on dating apps like Tinder, POF, or Bumble.
But first, let’s take a quick look at a few ways to add some humor to your bio and the messages you send to your matches.
First, think about what you put in your bio and how you describe yourself.
Avoid anything too serious or boring – instead, try to be playful, and don’t be afraid to poke fun at yourself or make witty observations about the world around you. Be creative!
Secondly, don’t forget about your messages. When messaging someone for the first time, start off with something original instead of the usual “Hi” or “How are you?”
Not only will this get you more replies but it will also give you something to chat about.
Lastly, have fun with it! Use your bio to show off your personality and let people know what makes you special instead of trying to play safe like everyone else.
Don’t miss: 170 Best Openers and Conversation Starters
Examples of Funny Ways to Describe Yourself On a Dating Site
1. I hope you’re into fitness because I spend most of my weekends running away from wild animals while I hike in the mountains.
2. A fun fact about me: I once accidentally almost set my house on fire while trying to make grilled cheese. If you’re looking for someone with culinary skills, you’ve come to the wrong place.
3. Animal lover seeks the same for a lifetime of walks, cuddles, and licking each other’s faces.
4. ‘No hookups’ – unless we bond over our shared love of cute puppies so hard that it would just be rude not to… then maybe we could.
5. 4’11”, single, female—will travel for food experiences & cheap wine.
6. Just looking for someone who is funny, knows all the love songs, good at listening, loves dogs, and wants kids someday… just kidding none of those things matter just please be hot!
7. Ready to settle down? Great! Me too… just kidding, I’m only 21 years old. Maybe in a few years though… For now, let’s just focus on having some fun!
8. I’ve been described as a ray of sunshine, but only because my mom is legally blind and can’t see me very well.
9. I once went skydiving on a dare and then spent the next three days in the hospital recovering from various broken bones. So if you’re looking for an adventurous partner, I’m your girl!
10. I’m currently on a diet where I only eat things that start with the letter “P”: pasta, potatoes, pretzels, etc. So far it’s going great and I haven’t had a single non-p food in over two weeks!
11. Just because I laugh at all your jokes doesn’t mean I think you’re funny. I just really want to sleep with you.
12. People often say that I’m “too much” for them to handle – but what they really mean is that they can’t keep up with my wit, sarcasm, and intelligence.
13. If you can make me laugh harder than anyone else, we should probably get married so our kids will have something to inherit other than student loans and my 2 cats.
14. My favorite thing to do is cuddle which may or may not include actual cuddling – it all depends on how attractive you are.
15. I once punched a kangaroo in the face because it was trying to steal my sandwich, true story.
16. I’m like a cat – I can be loving and cuddly, but also independent and aloof when I want to be.
17. Just because I’m on here doesn’t mean I’m desperate, okay maybe I am desperate but that’s not the point.
18. Are you looking for love? Well, look no further! By sending me a message, you could be eligible to spend an entire evening with me where we will chat, eat, and (hopefully) fall in love!
Don’t miss: 167 Examples of Good Bumble Bios
19. On our first date, we can go for a romantic moonlit stroll. That is if you’re not afraid of zombies jumping out at us from the bushes – I am a huge fan of TWD.
20. I want someone who will look at me the way I look at the cake. Like they can’t believe something so good exists and they might die if they don’t have a piece right this second.
21. Just looking for someone who doesn’t mind spending half their paycheck on avocado toast and overpriced coffee drinks with me.
22. Just because I look innocent doesn’t mean I am – in fact, I’m quite the opposite.
23. If you’re looking for someone who is spontaneous, look no further! Just last week my dress spontaneously caught on fire while I was cooking breakfast!
24. I’m not really into sports, but if you need someone to drink beer and yell at the TV with, I’m your girl!
25. Ready for an adventure? In addition to cliff jumping, I also like to walk into high-security areas without proper clearance just to see what happens.
26. Spontaneous? Absolutely! Once, on a whim, I took a bus to Canada because I heard Timbits were really good.
27. Just looking for someone who shares my passion for sitting on the couch and not moving for extended periods of time!
28. Just looking for somebody to share some laughs with and maybe help pay off my student loans because apparently getting a job after college isn’t as easy as they make it sound in movies.
29. They say love is blind, but not me—I see everything and that’s why I’m still single!
30. My idea of a perfect date is being kidnapped by a hot supermodel and taken to Paris where we sip champagne in front of the Eiffel Tower as she tells me her life story in French while serenading me on the guitar.
31. I’m not your typical girl who wants flowers and chocolate on Valentine’s Day. What I really want is for someone to do my taxes so I can get that sweet return.
32. I’m 85% sweet, 15% sassy, and 100% ready to get freaky at a moment’s notice.
33. If you can make me laugh harder than anyone else, there’s a good chance I might fall in love with you – or at least let you see me naked.
34. Here are some things you should know about me: 1) Yes, that is my real hair color. 2) No, those are not contacts. 3) My favorite food is cake. 4) I have never been pregnant. 5) And no, those aren’t tattoos – they’re birthmarks!
35. Looking for someone who loves long walks on the beach and cuddling under the stars – must also love taking care of my 3 cats because they are all very needy.
36. My favorite hobby is probably sleeping, but if you’re into more active pursuits then we could maybe bond over that too.
Don’t miss: 150 Short Funny Tinder Bios
37. Just looking for someone who likes cuddling, watching romantic comedies, and eating ice cream in bed… oh, and has a job and doesn’t live with their parents.
38. In search of an attractive mate who also happens to be wealthy enough to support all my wants and needs.
39. Just looking for someone who appreciates my many fine qualities, including always being right, never admitting when I’m wrong, and being extremely humble.
40. I’m sarcastic, spontaneous, and tend to make bad decisions – but that’s what makes me fun.
41. I like long hikes in the mountains as long as there’s someone around to carry my stuff because I get tired easily.
42. I’ll be honest, I’m on here to procrastinate from doing actual work. So if you’re looking for someone who’s career-driven and motivated, you should probably swipe left.
43. Fun fact: I once got so drunk that I ended up in Canada without my passport or any warm clothes.
44. I’ll be honest, I’m really bad at small talk. So, if you’re looking for someone to make meaningless chit-chat with, you should probably look elsewhere.
45. If we match, it means that our astrological signs are compatible and we both find each other physically attractive. It’s pretty much destiny telling us that we need to chat asap.
46. If we end up in a long-term relationship, just know that once a week, I require at least two hours of cuddling followed by a foot massage.
47. What’s my biggest fear? Dying alone surrounded by piles of unread books and unopened wine bottles – so hopefully you’re into reading and wine too!
48. Fun fact about me: One time at a party, I ended up wearing nothing but duct tape after losing a game of poker. If you’re into spontaneous adventures and making new friends (or enemies), hit me up!
49. In my free time, I enjoy reading books about things I’ll never be able to afford, like yachts and private jets. It’s good for the soul!
50. On the weekends I like to let loose and have some fun! That usually involves going out with friends, dancing till dawn, and maybe indulging in a few too many cocktails but hey, nobody’s perfect!
Read next: 150 Best Catchy Headlines for Dating Sites