Dating apps like Tinder or Bumble can be frustrating at times.
You swipe right, and she does the same, so you have a match. Congrats!
Then, you send that first message… and never get a reply.
You ask yourself, “What did I say wrong? Didn’t her swipe to the right meant she was interested in getting to know me?
You’ve just entered a tricky world of online dating where there are no guarantees that you’ll receive a response no matter how good-looking or awesome you are.
The good news is that you can significantly increase the number of replies your get on Tinder just by sending better messages.
Writing flirty and unique icebreakers that get responses on Tinder or Bumble takes time and requires a bit of creativity.
However, with some practice, anyone can learn how to write messages that will help them to stand out.
To get you started we came up with a massive list of Tinder icebreakers that you can start using right away!
Some of these icebreakers are flirty, others are funny, and some are even a little bit naughty.
But all of them have one thing in common: they are sure to get a response from your Tinder matches, whether it be a smile, a laugh, or even a date!
Read next: 12 Reasons Why Your Tinder Matches Never Respond or Message You
Best Tinder Icebreakers That Really Work
- So, when are you coming over to watch Game of Thrones?
2. This is so us, me doing all the talking and you just sitting there looking pretty.
3. Sup girl? Wait, that’s not what I meant. Let me try that again. What is up you beautiful female specimen?
4. Do you like sleeping? Because I’d love to sleep with you
5. If you could be any type of food, what would you be? I‘d be a pizza because I‘m always down for a good time.
6. What’s a charming guy like you doing with a body like that?
7. How much does it take to date you? Because you look expensive!
8. My parents think I’m into guys. Can you help me prove them wrong?
9. Do you believe in love at first message, or should I send you another one?
10. I’m in the range of your hotspot. Let me connect and get full access.
11. You seem interesting, like someone I’d actually like to get to know better. So, when was the last time you did something adventurous?
12. Hey Kristen, how would you describe the perfect day off?
13. Hi Rob, I see that you like to travel. I do, too. Where is one place you’ve never been to that you’d like to visit, and then, where is one you wish you were raised in?
14. I’ve been told I’m a bit of an acquired taste, are you up for the challenge?
15. Are we, like, married now? ‘Cause I just swiped right on you and felt a connection
16. Dang, you got my heart racing with your vacation photos! How often do you work out to stay in such great shape?
17. Message me your favorite song and I‘ll sing it to you over video chat.
18. If we were at a bar and I asked you to make a wish, what would you wish for?
19. I’m considering going back to school to get my MBA. What was your experience in business school like?
20. I’m thinking about taking a trip to Europe this summer. Have you ever been? If so, where was your favorite place?
21. I was just at the dog park and saw the most adorable puppy! He was a golden retriever and so friendly. Do you have any pets?
22. How do you manage to look like you just stepped out of a magazine?
23. I’m considering moving to Australia. Have you ever been there? What’s it like?
24. I’ve been thinking about getting a dog but I’m not sure what kind would be best for me. I’ve been thinking about a Golden Retriever or a Labradoodle. What kind of dog do you have?
25. This may sound cheesy, but I believe that everyone has a story worth hearing. What’s yours?
Don’t miss: 100 Funny and Flirty Conversation Starters for Online Dating
26. My grandmother always says that it’s better to give than to receive. If you agree, how about you give me your phone number?
27. Let’s say you’re at a bar and you see a really cute guy. He is clearly interested in you too. What’s your game plan?
28. So let’s say we‘ve been on four dates now… where do you see this going?
29. My best friend just got engaged to a girl he met 1 month ago. What are your thoughts on marriage?
30. I was just wondering… do you believe in soulmates?
31. What’s the best way to tell if a girl on Tinder is interested in you?
32. My friend just got back from Japan and she said it was the best trip she’s ever taken. I’ve always wanted to go there! What about you, have you ever been to Asia?
33. What are some of the things that you would never do on a first date?
34. So I have this friend who is a professional chef and she was just telling me about this really cool new restaurant that just opened up. It‘s supposed to be really good. Are you a foodie?
35. I read an article recently that said that people who like to cuddle are actually happier than people who don‘t. Do you like to cuddle?
36. I‘m new to this online dating thing. How do you think people can tell if they‘ll have a connection with someone from just a few messages?
37. What‘s the most embarrassing thing that‘s ever happened to you on a date?
38. I‘m a bit of a night owl and often find myself up late reading or watching TV. Do you like staying up late or are you more of a morning person?
39. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this: what’s the most important thing to look for in a partner?
40. If you could pick any character from any movie to be your parents, who would you choose?
41. My best friend told me that I could find my true love on Tinder, so here I am.
42. You sound like someone who‘s up for anything, and I like that.
43. How many 🍆 pics did you receive this week so far? I got my first one today and I am still quite shocked.
44. Are you DTF? Down to be friends that is 🙂
45. Is it weird that my dog finds you very attractive?
Read next: 150 Short Funny Tinder Bios for Guys
Dating Sites to Try in 2023!
*This post might contain affiliate links. If you click on a link, we might receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.