Have you ever struggled to keep a conversation going on online dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, or POF?
If you did, it is probably because the messages you sent to your matches made you sound boring, uninterested, or even desperate.
One way to avoid all of this and have a lot more fun while meeting people online is to send more engaging original messages that will help you to stand out and get more replies.
Since not all of us are naturally funny or flirty we will share with you a huge list of great examples that will help you to break the ice with your matches and get more dates.
Don’t know which dating site to join? Try Zoosk!
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
Examples of Flirty Conversation Starters to Use on Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge
1. So when are you going to stop being so shy and finally message me?
2. It’s been 3 hours since we matched – the statute of limitations on waiting to text has expired!
3. I’m starting to think you had a bad reaction when you saw my profile photos.
4. How are you still single? You must have really high standards!
5. So you’re telling me you had the time to swipe right on me but not send me a message?
6. I’m starting to think you just swiped right by mistake. Should I give you my number so we can fix this error?
7. What are the chances that out of all the people here, we matched? It must be destiny.
8. You’re so pretty that you made me forget my pickup line.
9. I’d tell you how many times I’ve checked your profile today, but I might get banned from Tinder…
10. I bet you’re wondering why I haven’t messaged you yet…
Don’t miss: 150 Best Catchy Headlines for Dating Sites
11. Are you as good at kissing as you look in your photos?
12. Damn, looking at your profile made my heart skip a beat – what will happen when we actually meet in person?
13. Am I being too forward if I say that I already feel like we have a connection?
14. Do you think you can handle me or should I find someone else who’s up for the challenge?
15. How about we cut to the chase – coffee or ice cream this week?
16. On a scale from 1-10, you’re an 11, and I am very intrigued by your smile!
17. I don’t want to keep you waiting any longer, so let’s chat!
18. If we were at a bar right now and locked eyes from across the room what would happen next?
19. What are some things you’ve been wanting to try lately?
20. You’re so gorgeous that even the sun was jealous today – it hid away behind the clouds all afternoon!
21. You’re making me wait! I might as well go take a cold shower to cool off while I wait for your message.
22. Do you like breakfast or dinner dates better?
23. I think you and I have a lot in common, we should talk about it over drinks sometime.
24. Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate… there are so many great flavors out there! But which one is your favorite?
25. Are you aware that we have been matched for three days now and you haven’t even said hello?
26. So when are we going to meet up then? I’ve been waiting patiently for you to message me…
27. You looked so cute in your profile picture that I couldn’t help but swipe right!
28. Why are you making me wait so long? I’m starting to get impatient over here!
29. Are you going to make the first move or should I?
30. I like your profile picture, but I bet you look even better in person.
31. So are you going to talk to me or what?
32. I was going to wait 3 hours before messaging you but I can’t wait to get to know you.
33. Swiping right just wasn’t enough for me – now I need your number to see if we have a connection beyond the obvious physical attraction.
Don’t miss: 167 Examples of Good Bios for Women
34. What happens when two good-looking people meet to watch a movie? Do you want to find out?
35. Am I the only one who is feeling a sudden connection? We should explore it further.
36. Somebody, please call 911 because my heart just stopped when I saw your profile picture!
37. If we were both animals, what would we be and why?
38. I see that we have a lot of things in common, but the most important one is that we both still haven’t talked to each other yet.
39. It’s a miracle that two people as perfect for each other as us found each other here.
40. You must be tired after all the swiping you’ve been doing lately. How about we meet up for coffee and talk about it?
41. So what do you normally do on a first date?
42. I bet you’re wondering why I swiped right on you. Well, let me tell you…
43. The only reason I swiped right on you was because of the dog in your profile picture so let’s talk about dogs.
44. Do you believe in love at first sight or should I swipe right on you again?
45. Are we going to be friends with benefits or more than that?
46. You looked like trouble when I saw your profile and now I can’t stop thinking about what kind of trouble you might be able to get me into…
47. What are you up to tonight? My plans just got canceled and I need something (or someone) to do…
48. Just wondering if we met at a club, would you go home with me tonight?
49. I bet you’re one of those people who looks even better in real life than in pictures.
50. I’m not going to lie, I had to scroll up and down your profile a few times before I decided to match with you. Sorry, you’re just really attractive.
51. So what do you normally do when someone finally gets the courage to message you on here?
52. Is this where we exchange cheesy pickup lines or should I save mine for later?
53. What kind of trouble are you getting into tonight? I want in.
54. What are the chances that out of all people on this planet, we matched? We must have something special going on here…
55. What kind of music are you into? I need to know so I can make a playlist for our first date.
56. How long does it usually take you to message someone?
57. I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately… maybe we can do something about that?
58. Just realized – today marks 3 days since we matched on here! Maybe it is time to talk?
59. Just wondering if you have any plans for tonight. I might have a few ideas if not…
60. So what do you do for fun when not swiping right and left on here?
Don’t miss: 70 Ways to Answer What Do You Like to Do for Fun
61. I’m trying to think of a good pickup line but all that’s coming to mind is “Hi, I like your face.”
62. On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you love cuddling? Asking for a friend…
63. I’m starting to think you had something to do with my coffee this morning tasting extra sweet.
64. Can I have your number so that fate can finally bring us together after all these years of waiting?
65. What else should I bring for our first date besides cheese and wine?
66. I’ve had a long day and was just about to pour myself a glass of wine when I saw that we matched. How was your day?
67. Hey, it’s been a while since you swiped right on me! How have you been?
68. On a scale from 1 to 10, how attractive are you feeling today?
69. Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been thinking about you non-stop since I swiped right on you.
70. I bet you look good in everything but I’d love to see you in nothing at all
71. Home alone and feeling kind of lonely… Are you up for some virtual company?
72. Damn, you got my heart racing – better slow down before I give myself a cardiac arrest!
73. Sorry if this seems forward but – do you kiss on a first date?
74. Damn, we have a lot in common – now we just need to find out if we have chemistry
75. You remind me of a tall glass of water and I am really thirsty…
76. I have a confession to make… I’ve had a crush on you since the first day we matched
77. I’m starting to think you had a notifications glitch and didn’t see my message from yesterday…
78. Are you as sweet as your pictures suggest?
79. Didn’t expect to be so drawn in by your profile, but here I am intrigued and want to know more!
80. I’ve been waiting all week for a message from you, and it’s finally Friday!
Don’t miss: 127 Best OkCupid Dating Profile Examples
81. You seem like someone with an interesting story – care to share?
82. I genuinely think you and I could be great friends, so let’s start talking!
83. Three things at the top of my bucket list: 1) Go on a safari 2) Swim with dolphins 3) Get to know you better.
84. On a scale from scaredy-cat to a base jumper, how adventurous are you?
85. Are we strangers or have we met before in a previous life maybe?
86. So what do you think – will we end up as friends or more than friends?
87. I think you and I have a lot in common, for starters we’re both on the same dating app!
88. Unexpectedly running into you on this dating app – must be fate!
89. Been eyeing your profile for a while and finally making my move…
90. I’m going to be direct with you because I value honesty and straightforwardness – will you go out with me?
91. You seem like my type of person, so I thought it was only right that I say hi!
92. I have to be honest, I swiped right on you for your guinea pigs because they’re adorable. But looks like you are pretty cute as well!
93. The fact that it’s taken me this long to message you shows how much self-control I have.
94. Are you having a good day or do you need me to brighten it up with some bad jokes?
95. How’s your day going so far? I bet it’s better now that I messaged you!
96. What would be your idea of the best first date ever?
97. If we were to swap places for a day, what three things would you want me to know about your life?
98. You’re the salad to my chicken wrap – let’s chat over lunch!
99. It’s hot outside today but you’re even hotter. Wanna meet up and help each other cool down?
100. What would you say if I told you that I like you? Would you run away screaming or message me back?