Have you been seeing a guy or girl for a while now and while your relationship is fun, you know that it’s not going anywhere?
Or have you started to fall for someone, but you know that they want to keep things casual while you are looking for something more serious and exclusive?
Ending a casual relationship can be difficult and emotional. That’s why it’s important to do it in a mature way without blaming yourself or your partner.
You need to realize that you are both at different stages in your life and have different needs and expectations when it comes to dating.
There are many ways to end your casual relationship; you can do it in person, over text, or even by sending an email.
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
Usually ending a casual relationship by text is the easiest way to do it and that’s what we will discuss today.
One way to do this is to just tell your partner that things are not working out between you two and that you want to go separate ways.
Another way is to tell him that you need some space and that you want to take a break from the relationship.
Below is a huge list of other text examples that you can use to end a casual relationship when you want something more serious.
Text Examples of How to End a Casual Relationship Because You Want More
1. I don’t think it’s fair for either of us to continue this relationship when one of us wants something more serious.
2. Our spark is still there and I’m ready to take things further than what we have right now but that’s not something you’re interested in so let’s go our separate ways.
3. This relationship doesn’t work for me anymore because while I’m interested in taking things further, you’re not, and this makes me feel uncomfortable continuing the way we are right now.
4. Although I really enjoyed being with you and spending time together, I am looking for a more committed relationship and believe it’s best if we go our separate ways.
5. It was nice getting to know each other better, but after all this time together, I’ve come to realize that what I need is much more serious than what we have here today. So let’s call it quits now before things get too complicated between us.
6. Even though we both agreed to be in a purely casual relationship at first, my needs have changed over time so unless you’re willing to make things official between us right now, then it’s probably better if we go our separate ways.
7. It’s been fun, but I think we should go our separate ways now that I’m looking for something more serious.
8. We’ve had some great times together, but my feelings have changed and this is no longer what I want out of a relationship so we should part ways.
9. I realize now that what I wanted from our relationship is something more than just fun and games but since that doesn’t seem to be in the cards for us, I think it’s best if we part ways.
10. After much thought, I believe I’m ready for a more serious commitment and unfortunately, you don’t share the same feelings. Instead of continuing on with something that isn’t meant to last, it’s probably better if we end things here.
11. We have had a lot of fun together but it’s become obvious to me that our casual relationship isn’t enough for me anymore. It’s time to move on so let’s end this now before either one of us gets too attached.
12. What started out as a casual fling has quickly become something more to me and since that’s not what you signed up for, we should call it quits now before things get any more complicated between us.
Don’t miss: 11 Best Ways to Not Be Sad After a Breakup
13. For my own well-being, I need more out of life than just this casual relationship so unless you’re willing to take things further with me, then I think it would be best if we go our separate ways.
14. This relationship has been good for both of us but the truth is that my feelings have grown stronger over time and yours haven’t so even though it hurts me, it’s better if we both move on from here.
15. Rather than continuing a casual relationship with you, I think it would be better if we just went back to being friends at this point.
16. It’s not looking like you want to take things further with me any time soon, so instead of waiting around for something that may never happen, I’d rather end things now and move on with my life.
17. Although we had some good times together while we were casually seeing each other, the spark just isn’t there anymore so it’s time for us to cut ties before either one of us gets too attached.
18. We both agreed that casual dating was the way to go when we first got together but now that my feelings have changed, it’s no longer an option for me so goodbye!
19. I know that this relationship has been fun and laid-back, but I’m ready to take things to the next level and I don’t think you are so it’s probably best to end it here.
20. Even though things have been going great between us lately, this casual connection isn’t enough for me right now, and maybe ending things would be the best decision in the long run.
21. Although dating you has been wonderful, I’m starting to crave something more meaningful and unless you feel the same way, then we should probably just call it quits here and now.
22. This casual thing isn’t cutting it for me anymore. I want something deeper than what we have so if you’re not willing to meet me halfway on that then we need to end things now before anyone gets hurt.
23. I’m ready to get serious and commit to someone, but that someone isn’t going to be you as much as I’d like it to be.
24. It’s become clear that this casual relationship thing isn’t working for me anymore, so it’s best if we both look elsewhere for what we’re looking for in a partner.
25. Unfortunately, I can no longer keep up with the casual relationship dynamic because my feelings have developed into something more serious and yours haven’t so I think it would be healthier for each of us if we just ended things here and now.
26. While I’ve enjoyed hanging out with you casually over the past few months, I’m looking for something more meaningful than what we have right now, so let’s call things off.
27. To be honest, I’m not comfortable with our dating arrangement anymore and it’s better for both of us if we just move on from here.
28. I appreciate the time we’ve spent together, but part of me feels like I need more now, so it’s best if we stop seeing each other
29. This isn’t what I wanted our connection to be, so unless you’re willing to take things further then it’s probably time for us to part ways.
30. The chemistry between us is undeniable but my feelings have grown too strong for me to stay in a casual relationship anymore, so this must be goodbye for now.
31. Casual relationships can be fun but when one person begins wanting more than the other, it’s better not to continue and that’s why I feel like it would be best if we stopped seeing each other now.
32. I think it’s best for both of us if we take a break from each other at this point.
33. We had some good times, but it’s clear that our expectations don’t match anymore so let’s part ways.
34. It’s been fun, but I’m ready to find someone who wants to commit to me fully and you don’t seem interested in doing that.
35. I respect your decision not to commit, but unfortunately, my feelings have changed and I need something more meaningful than what we currently have.
36. This casual arrangement isn’t working out for me anymore, so let’s call it quits now before things get complicated.
37. It seems like our interests have gone in different directions and being casual is no longer an option for me, so it’s time to end this here and now