If you want to meet high-quality single men online, having a great “About Me” section is key.
Most men interested in a serious connection will read through your dating profile to decide whether to message you or not.
That’s why it is important to spend some time on your bio to give your matches a better idea of who you are and what you are hoping to find.
When writing your “About Me” section, try to keep it concise and to the point.
No one wants to read a long, rambling essay, so try to keep it under 300-500 words.
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
This doesn’t mean you can’t be creative or show your personality – just that you should focus on the most important things.
It is also important to be positive in your dating bio.
Your “About Me” section is not the place to air your grievances about the dating scene or complain about how hard it is to meet good men.
One of the best things about online dating is that it gives you the opportunity to really sell yourself.
Use your “About Me” section to highlight the things that make you special and unique.
What are your interests and hobbies? What do you do for work? What are your goals and aspirations?
These are the things that will make you stand out from the crowd and attract the right kind of men.
It is also important to be honest in your dating bio and avoid fudging the truth just to make yourself look more appealing.
Be honest about who you are, what you want, and what you’re looking for in a partner.
This will save you time and energy in the long run by weeding out the wrong kind of guys from the start.
Lastly, remember to double-check your grammar and spelling.
Nothing will turn off your potential matches more than bad grammar and spelling errors in your “About Me” section.
Take the time to proofread your dating bio before you hit publish, or better yet, have a friend or family member read it over for you.
Now that you have a better idea of how to make your dating profile stand out, let’s take a look at some examples.
Read next: 30 Best Places to Find a Good Man to Marry
Good “About Me” Examples for Your Dating Profile
1. I’m currently training for a half marathon and also taking daily dance lessons… so I like to think I’m pretty active! I work as a teacher so weekends are normally free for me. I love spending time outdoors, whether it’s walking in the park or going on hikes in the countryside. I’m looking for someone who is up for anything – spontaneous days out, weekends away, trying new things, or just staying in with a good film.
2. I’m a down-to-earth girl who loves spending time with family and friends. I’m fiercely loyal, protective of those I love, and would do anything for them. I’m not materialistic and I don’t need expensive things to make me happy. I’m not looking for a one-night stand or a fling, I want a real relationship with someone who is serious about me.
3. I work in the media and love my job – it can be quite stressful but I love the challenge. In my spare time, I like to keep fit, socialize, and travel when I can. I believe that life is too short to waste time on things that don’t make you happy, so I try to live every day to the fullest. I’m looking for someone who shares my values and is looking for a long-term relationship.
4. I can be a little awkward but in a cute way. I’m always the first one to make a joke, even if it’s not that funny. I love animals, especially dogs. I’m a bit of an over-sharer, so you’ll always know what’s going on with me. I can also be clumsy, so be prepared for me to accidentally spill things on you or trip and fall in your lap.
5. Fiercely independent with an entrepreneurial spirit, soft yet strong…likes her coffee black & whiskey neat. Walks barefoot whenever possible, and has an insatiable curiosity & passion for life…Adept at making others feel comfortable in her presence while never taking herself too seriously.
6. I am currently a medical student and will be graduating in May. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, baking, and spending time with my dog. I’m looking for someone who shares my love of animals and also isn’t afraid to show their goofy side.
7. I’m currently in grad school working towards my PhD in psychology. In my free time, I like to read, work out, and spend time with friends. I’m also really into music – both going to shows and playing myself. No hookups, no players, no fakes. Looking for an emotionally available, grammar-savvy man with thick skin and a good heart. Must be taller than me (I’m 5’2), non-negotiable!
8. Spontaneous, energetic, outgoing gal here! Love making friends and going on adventures 🙂 Looking for someone who is game 4 anything!! I tend to be a bit shy at first, but once I get to know you, I’m an open book.
9. I’m a country girl who loves nothing more than getting muddy on a hike or horse ride. I also enjoy a good night out – dancing the night away is my idea of fun! I’m independent, hard-working, and loyal.
10. I’m a nurse and my availability changes all the time, so I’m looking for someone who is understanding of that and doesn’t mind spontaneous weekends away or midweek dates. I love animals, outdoor activities, and spending time with family.
11. I am an independent woman who is not looking for a man to complete me. I am happy with my life the way it is and have no intentions of changing it anytime soon. Just because I have kids doesn’t mean I don’t know how to let loose and have fun! Love going out dancing and exploring new bars and restaurants. That being said, I would love to find someone with similar interests.
12. Smart, funny & sassy woman that doesn’t take any BS! Looking for an honest man that can make me laugh until my stomach hurts! I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, as well as my dog. I’m also a photographer and enjoy nothing more than capturing special moments on camera. Must be okay with being photographed at least once a week for my Instagram account.
13. I am a woman who knows what she wants in life. I am driven, ambitious, and have my own business. I am looking for a supportive and understanding man who will be my equal partner in all aspects of life.
14. Recently single and just out of a long-term relationship. Looking to meet someone who can make me laugh, has similar interests, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously. I have 5 cats so you must be an animal lover (I’m kidding, I don’t actually have any pets).
15. I am a woman who loves her independence but also craves intimacy. I have been known to be quite the social butterfly, but I can also enjoy a night on the couch with my dog and a good Netflix series. I am looking for someone who can keep up with my busy lifestyle and isn’t afraid to surprise me now and then.
16. Down-to-earth, funny, and intelligent – that pretty much sums me up. I love spending time with family and friends, watching (and sometimes playing) sports, and traveling whenever possible. I’m looking for someone who can make me laugh, loves spending time outdoors, and isn’t afraid to try new things.
17. Loves to laugh – very sarcastic, but in a charming way. Probably won’t take you seriously at first…but once she does, watch out! High energy & always on the go – if you can keep up with me, you’re in for an adventure! I am looking for someone who is open to new experiences and is willing to try anything at least once.
18. Easygoing, drama free, and happy with my life as it is. I like moonlit walks on the beach, long conversations over drinks, dancing barefoot in the rain, and spending Sundays in bed with a good book and my cat. My friends would say I have a heart of gold and I’m always there for them when they need me.
19. A wanderlust soul who loves anything outdoorsy – think hiking, camping, and kayaking (I once went 7 days without a shower on a canoe trip!). Also loves cuddling up on the couch with a movie or good book just as much. Bonus points if you know how to surf and willing to teach me!
20. I never thought I’d be on one of these dating sites but here I am! I prefer classic movies over the latest blockbuster release and you’ll often find me curled up with a good book. That being said, I do enjoy going out for drinks with friends and exploring new places. Looking for someone who appreciates my quirkiness & isn’t afraid to show me theirs.
21. One part woman, one part child…I like long walks on the beach, getting lost in a good book, and feeding my insatiable appetite for knowledge. I’m told I’m quite the catch… if you can keep up with me!
22. Sarcastic, witty, intelligent woman seeking same…I enjoy good conversation and debate but don’t take myself too seriously. Life is too short so let’s enjoy ourselves! I’m looking for a man who can keep up with me and is willing to take risks when needed.
23. The curious mind seeks the same…I love learning about new things – whether it’s a new culture, cuisine, or topic of conversation. My ideal match is someone who is also inquisitive about the world around them and is not afraid to get outside of his comfort zone.
24. Ready for an adventure? I am! I love trying new things and going on spontaneous trips. Whether it’s jumping out of a plane or simply exploring a new city, I’m game! My perfect match is someone who is also up for anything and doesn’t take life too seriously.
25. A woman with many hidden talents… I can bake an award-winning pie, build a bookshelf from scratch, fix just about anything that’s broken (even your heart), and quote every line from Game of Thrones.
Read next: 160 Funny Female Dating Profile Examples