You are a young Christian girl and see a gentleman from church that catches your attention. You have a feeling he likes you but aren’t 100 percent sure. You don’t want to make the assumption and embarrass yourself later, but if he does like you then you hope he would make the next move. Well, little lady, we are here to answer the replayed question: how do I know if he likes me?
To be fair, this questions is asked by all girls, not just Christian girls. However, when it comes to a Christian guy’s feelings about her the answers are a little simpler than you think. The tendency to overanalyze can cause facades of doubt and endless restlessness and questioning. Have no fear, here are the signs you’ll see if he actually is interested in you.
Signs a Christian Guy is Interested in You
Christian men will have a different way of going about showing their interest in you. It will not just involve you, but others in your community for him to reveal his good intent. You’ll know if he is interested in you if:
- He does his research: Like with any other guy, he will do research on you before you even know he knows about your existence. He will ask members of his church—particularly a man he can trust—about you. Based on the questions, he himself will learn whether or not his emotion is God-ordained or impulsive: a key decision with him moving forward in his interest in you. You’ll hear or notice new questions arising from others to know more about you who will in turn answer his questions about you, your character, and so on.
- He joins you in community activities: Churches generally provide youth groups for Christian boys and girls to come together and socialize. This is where his research will come in handy. He will try to join activities you are participating in, in attempts to speak with you and try to get to know you better. This will be his genuine way of introducing himself to you (if you haven’t met before) or getting you to actually notice him on a different level.
- He talks to you: This is something you have heard thousands of times, but it actually is a sign. If he likes you, he will generally be interested in talking to you. It won’t be the simple, single-worded greetings but actually opinionated conversations whether you learn more about each other. He’ll be trying to find common ground, something you two are both interested in which he could use in the future to ask you out.
- He states it directly: Some guys do realize that they have to be straightforward, and it usually does the trick. At this point, you won’t need any signs because he has directly stated his interest in you. The hope for a date would be close at hand.
How to Get Him to Ask You Out?
Once you see the signs, and you know you are interested as well, you will want him to ask you out. However, you aren’t sure when he will, so you want to nudge things in that direction. How? Well, you can:
- Pray for guidance: This is the most obvious one. The Lord will offer you guidance or assurance as to whether or not his interest will be lasting or short-lived. Often, patience will be the answer.
- Be approachable: He will not want to move anything further with you if you are cold and distant. Be warm and welcoming so that he feels comfortable talking to you. He will engage with you more, thereby creating a common air around you both. Have fun and be yourself; he’ll fall for you easily.
- Show interest in him: Like how he has with you, you must reciprocate in your interests. You will talk to him and learn more about him, his likes and dislikes, his hobbies, and his faith in God. You intent interest in him will make him realize that you are just as intrigued by him as he is of you. That being said, there is no need to turn sexually flirtatious to show you are interested; be yourself and show genuine interest.
- Ask him out: You may get tired of waiting; he likes you and you like him so what is the problem? Although it is not traditional, there is no harm in asking the boy out yourself. Some Christian men do admire the perseverance of a woman who isn’t afraid to be straightforward with a man.
There are always signs to know whether or not a Christian guy likes you. Getting him to ask you out can be difficult, but once it is done God will handle the rest in his divine plan for your future. Have faith in Him and everything else will fall into place.
If you are not having much luck in meeting Christian guys in church, you might want to consider joining a dating website that caters to Christians. Match is a good place to start. When you search through all the singles you will be able to see their faith in addition to the type of relationship they are looking for. Talking to Christian guys online might be a little less intimidating and the worst thing that might happen is that he will not reply back to your message. In church on another hand, it can be a little awkward to pray with someone who rejected your advances. Christian Singles In Your Area – Try for Free at Match.com