One way of getting more responses on Hinge is to change the type of messages you are sending to your matches. Using unique and personal openers can significantly improve your reply rate.
Many singles struggle with conversation ideas and send boring unoriginal messages that only work for very good-looking people. However, it is not the most effective way of getting dates on Hinge.
Instead, put some effort into your messages and make them specific to the person you are messaging.
Writing creative messages takes time and to make it easier for you we prepared unique openers that you can use just by changing them slightly to make them relevant to the person you are messaging.
Don’t miss: 350 Best Examples of Funny Hinge Prompt Answers
|Why You Should Join?
|Check it Out
|Best for Dating
|Best for Serious Relationships
Best Dating Messages and Openers to Use on Hinge
1. Hey, I really enjoyed reading your profile. That’s awesome that you like hiking. Do you have any big hiking plans for this year?
2. Hi, I see that you are into snowboarding. That’s pretty cool! What is your favorite mountain?
3. Hi, I like traveling as well. Can’t wait to go to Bali this summer. Do you have any big travel plans?
4. Hey, looks like you are really passionate about traveling! What is the most exotic place you have ever been to?
5. Hi, I like your puppy! What’s his name?
6. I have a poodle that looks exactly like your puppy! How old is he?
7. Hey, I am visiting Vancouver next week for the first time. Are you interested in showing me around by any chance?
8. Hi, I am so jealous of your Fiji trip! I’ve always wanted to visit it but never got the time. What was the favorite part of your trip?
9. Hey, I really like your pet. Can you promise to bring him along if we end up going on a date?
10. Hey, it looks like you are really into yoga. I always wanted to get into yoga but never found a good way to start. Any recommendations?
11. Hi Kate, I love your travel photos! Have you ever been to Costa Rica? I heard they have a lot of awesome hot springs there. It is on top of my bucket list for this year.
12. Hi, so what kind of adventures have you planned for the upcoming holidays?
13. Hi Kate! It is awesome that you want to be a nurse! It must be a pretty busy course. So what do you do in your free time if you have any?
14. Hi, if I had to guess I would say that you are more of a beach than a mountain person! Am I right?
15. Hey, would you rather spend a weekend watching Netflix, camping, or lying on a beach?
16. Hey Kate, how was your day? Did you do anything exciting?
17. Hey, based on your profile it sounds like you are quite a surfer. I only started surfing this year and really enjoy it so far. What are your favorite surf spots?
18. Hey, I see that you like to read fiction. I am quite a fiction lover myself! What is your favorite book?
19. Hey, I am more of a dog person but your cat looks so adorable! He should meet my puppy, I think they will get along well!
20. Hey Kate, my best friend is actually from the Philippines so I learned some Tagalog from him. I am going on a month-long trip to the Philippines next year and can’t wait. Any recommendations on which islands I should visit?
21. Hey Kate, so what’s your favorite dessert? Are you more of a cake or ice cream girl?
22. Hi, your bio made me smile so I figured I should get to know you more! How was your day going?
23. Hi, it sounds like you really enjoy running! Have you done any trail running? I am planning to get into it this summer but heard that it is quite challenging.
24. Hey did you ever try doing yoga in the mountains? I enjoy yoga as well and my goal for this summer is to hike a mountain and do yoga at the summit just before sunrise.
25. Hey, Kate are you more of a sunrise or sunset person? I am personally more into the sunsets but only because I can’t make myself wake up early lol
Don’t miss: 51 Good Hinge Profile Examples
26. Hey, I will be honest with you. I am only messaging you because my puppy want’s to meet your dog. Do you think we can arrange a date for them?
27. Hey, it is awesome that you are into sports! Did you ever consider being a personal trainer? I think you would be really good at that.
28. I noticed that you are wearing a Tiesto t-shirt. Are you into EDM music?
29. Based on your photos it looks like you are really into fishing. This is pretty cool. Have you ever tried saltwater fishing?
30. It is awesome to find a girl on here that actually has goals and knows what she wants from a relationship among all the other women trying to promote their Instagram and OF accounts.
31. I was scrolling for a while and you are the first girl who doesn’t ask me in her profile to sign up for her OF.
32. Hey, where was your last photo taken? It looks very familiar but I can’t remember where is it.
33. Hey, so what’s your favorite food? Are you more of a sushi or steak type of girl?
34. It looks like you enjoy working out. Are you more into running or lifting weights?
35. What do you think is the most underrated romantic gesture?
36. Are you the type of person who likes to plan a date or just go with the flow?
37. Ready for a night of adventure? Let’s go explore something new together.
38. How do you like your coffee? Strong, sweet, or with a hint of mischief?
39. Are you more of a backpacking kind of traveler or a five-star hotel kind of traveler?
40. If I said I had an extra ticket to a great concert, would you come with me?
41. Are you the type of person who reads their horoscope every day
42. Do you ever have one of those days where Netflix and ice cream sound like the perfect night in?
43. If I had three wishes to make your life easier, what would they be
44. What’s something that you’d never do, even if someone paid you to do it?
45. What are you up to? Anything fun or just the usual?
46. What is something totally random and quirky about yourself that few people know about?
47. What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever been and why was it so special?
48. What’s the weirdest dream that you’ve ever had and why do you think it was so strange?
49. Is there a movie that always makes you laugh no matter how many times you watch it
50. Do you have any irrational fears that I should know about?
Don’t miss: 167 Examples of Good Bumble Bios for Women
Funny Hinge Pick up Lines and Openers
1. Are you a long walk on the beach or a Netflix and chill type of person?
2. If I had to guess, I’d say your perfect date involves a picnic and a sunset. Am I right?
3. What do you do when you’re not working or swiping on Hinge?
4. Are you more of a ‘butterflies in the stomach’ or ‘thrilling roller coaster’ type of person?
5. If I give you a hug, will you turn into a princess?
6. Is your personality as beautiful as your profile picture?
7. I’m having trouble deciding what to wear on our date. What do you recommend?
8. Do you like surprises or do you prefer to know what’s coming?
9. Is it true that you can tell a lot about a person by their favorite ice cream flavor?
10. I’m debating whether to order takeout or cook tonight. What would you suggest?
11. I’ll be the first to say it – we should totally hang out sometime this week.
12. Is this the part where I ask for your number, or do you want mine first?
13. I heard your last date was a total disaster, so I’m here to pick up the pieces
14. So how often do you get mistaken for a celebrity
15. Are you an adventurous eater, or do you stick to the basics?
16. What do you think is the funniest joke you know?
17. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you on a date?
18. Just so you know, I’m planning to win the lottery and buy a yacht, so you should probably say yes now.
19. Let’s get the bad news out of the way first: do you have any unusual phobias?
20. Is there a wild story behind your Hinge profile pic?
21. I’m a real catch and you should consider me before the other guys
22. Hey, let’s play a game – who can come up with the most embarrassing story?
23. Wow, I’m actually kind of nervous about talking to you!
24. Are you a fan of dad jokes or do you prefer something a bit more sophisticated?
25. Your profile says you like a good adventure – how adventurous are we talking about here?
Don’t miss: 150 Short Funny Tinder Bios for Guys
26. If you and I were getting married, what song would play as you walk down the aisle?
27. How do you feel about a double date with my dog and me?
28. Hey there, do you think I could buy you a drink, or do you just want the money?
29. I know it’s cheesy, but I think you’re the missing slice of pizza in my life
30. Hey, do you have any special talents I should know about?
31. So, what’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done on a date?
32. If I had to guess, I’d say your favorite hobby is collecting cats, am I right?
33. I heard you were looking for a knight in shining armor, so here I am!
34. I can’t believe I’m on a dating app. But here I am, so what do you want to talk about?
35. So are you the type of person who loves singing in the shower or are you more dancing in the rain type of girl?
36. You know what they say, the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach. Hungry?
37. Are we both here to find love, or do you just like swiping right on attractive people?
38. If I had to guess, I’d say your dream is to become a professional ice cream taster. Am I right?
39. If you only had five minutes to spend with me, what would you do?
40. If you could be a hot sauce, what would it be?
41. Judging by your profile, I’m guessing you’re a fan of tacos and tequila. Am I close?
42. What type of pizza toppings do you prefer when binge-eating late at night?
43. If we met at a party, would you dance with me or hide in the corner?
44. If we were playing truth or dare, what would your first dare be?
45. I heard that cats are really good at predicting the future. Can I get a prediction from yours?
46. Have you ever seen a baby panda? Because that’s what I think of when I look at you!
47. So I heard the world is ending soon… what are your plans?
48. Did you hear about the dog who invented a new way of barking?
49. Have you ever done something embarrassing that still makes you cringe to this day?
50. Hey, if I asked you to join me in a pillow fight, would you say yes?
51. Can I have your autograph? My friends won’t believe I talked to you!
52. What would we do if we got stuck in an elevator for an hour?
53. Hey, do you think we can be friends with benefits? Just kidding I am not that type of guy!
54. I heard there’s a zombie apocalypse coming up… wanna team up?
55. I heard there’s an alien invasion happening this weekend, want to come with me?
56. Don’t ask why, but I just had to message you!