Have you started using Tinder but have become frustrated with the lack of responses you’ve received from women? Are you tired of hearing your friend’s successful Tinder stories while you fail to generate even the simplest of conversations with a ‘potential match’? Well, maybe it’s time that you revamp your approach. Let’s talk about what it takes to write Tinder openers that work all the time.
The initial message that you send a woman is probably the most important moment in determining whether you win a date with her or not. It takes more effort to capture a woman’s attention and curiosity then sending messages such as ‘sup’ or ‘hey sexy’ or even a polite ‘hi, how are you doing’. You have to appeal to their emotions. Get them laughing and challenge them to respond with something as witty as your opener. An original, creative opener will spark an immediate interest in wanting to know more.
If you’re one who struggles to come up with interesting conversation starters on Tinder, here are some of the best lines that won’t fail to produce those responses that have eluded you thus far.
Did YOU know?
1) Only 9 percent of women and 2 percent of men found a relationship at a bar or club
2) 38% of singles are using online dating
3) One in six marriages now begin online
Consider Their Age Messaging on Tinder
It’s important to consider the woman’s age before sending your first message. The interests of a 21-year-old are vastly different from that of a 40-year-old. Understanding this fundamental yet vital piece of information will go a long way in opening a conversation in the appropriate manner.
Here is a suggestion for a woman in her early 20’s.
- Trivia, karaoke, or paint night? Choose one. (This little exercise let’s her know you want to go out and have fun and not just looking for sex.)
Here are a few suggestions for a woman in her mid-late 20’s or early 30’s
- Two lies and a truth, and make me guess which is which. Ready, set, go! (This opener makes it personal while keeping it lighthearted.)
- Sunday priorities: church, relaxing, or bottomless mimosas? (She’ll have fun thinking of a response to this one.)
Here is a suggestion for a woman in her late 30’s or early 40’s
- The Notebook, Sleepless in Seattle, or Serendipity? Rank in order, please. (She’ll feel compelled to give her opinion about which classic is better than the other, and why.)
Humor Works Every Time
How many people have watched an average looking guy hit on a gorgeous girl and completely win her over with a witty sense of humor? It’s true that being funny can go a long way. It’s even been argued that it rivals the importance of physical attraction. So with that in mind, here are a few openers that are sure to get her laughing out loud while instinctively clicking the ‘reply’ button.
- Does this message mean we’re exclusive? (This simple yet humorous opening is very effective.)
- Hey there, this is your future husband. You should go out with me because you get everything in the divorce. I hate you so much. (The key is to get her laughing with this one. If she doesn’t get it, move on. There are plenty who will appreciate the humor.)
This next one is a little elaborate but she’ll have to fight not to contact you back after having a good giggle.
- Hey, how was your weekend? (first message)
– I would totally let you take me to brunch tomorrow. (second message)
– This is so us. Me doing all the talking and you sitting there looking all cute. (third and final message)
- Single white male seeks accomplice for murdering my boss, must like dogs.
Appeal to Her Interests When Sending a Message to a Girl on Tinder
After doing some light digging into a woman’s profile, come up with a creative opening that connects with her interests.
- Congratulations! You just won a free all-expenses paid trip to (please insert your answer here)… Taking it in a slightly different direction, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? (This is a unique way to bring up one of many women’s most desired thing to do: travel.)
- Am I considered a loser for being fired for not showing up for work for a month because I just had to read every one of the Harry Potter books (I’m a slow reader)? (There are a ton of creative questions that can pertain to Harry Potter, but you get the idea… identify what she is into, and then find a way to incorporate it into your opening message.)
- Salsa, tango, line-dancing, which one shall we try this weekend? (Every girl loves to dance, it’s that simple.)
- I see we both enjoy hiking. Know of any local trails with breathtaking views? (While connecting with her sense of adventure, you also show your sensitive side.)
Tinder is a great tool for finding women with whom you’re compatible with, but it takes a little work and creativity to gain their interest. Understand that you aren’t the only guy trying to grab her attention, so make sure your openers stand out from the bunch. Show her that you’re worth responding to, and you do this by being sensitive to their age, appealing to their interests, and making her laugh out loud. If you do these things, you’ll have no shortage of replies from women who are eager to know more about the man behind that clever opening message.
Even though Tinder is great for casual dating if you are looking something more serious you should consider joining a website like Match which caters more for people looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband. Match.com – 3 Day Free Trial!