Just because you are not 20 anymore doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the thrill of dating and meeting new people.
Today we will take a look at some ways to upgrade your dating profile so that you can get more matches and messages on dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid or POF.
Since you are a little older now it is important to put some effort into your bio because what worked for you in your twenties might not be as effective anymore.
For example, now that you are more mature and have a better understanding of who you are and what you want, it is important to highlight those things on your dating profile instead of just uploading a few bikini photos and saying “I like to travel and watch Netflix. Message if you want to know more“.
Well, guess what? Everyone likes to travel and watch movies. How does this make you unique or more desirable?
If you don’t have a good engaging bio, you will either attract the attention of men who only want to sleep with you or will not get any messages at all (if you don’t have attractive bikini photos).
So let’s take a look at some ways to create a dating bio that will help you attract more quality men.
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Relationships||Browse Photos|
|Best for 50+ Singles||Browse Photos|
If you are still debating which dating site to join, here are a few ideas – eHarmony (best for serious dating), EliteSingles (best for educated professionals), and Silver Singles (best for 55+ singles)
Don’t miss: 67 Best Ways To Answer What Are You Looking For On A Dating Site
How to Write a Dating Profile for a Woman Over 40?
1. Only Post Your Recent Photos
There is no point in posting photos from your Hawaii trip you took 15 years ago.
Yeah, it might get you more matches and messages but what will your date think about you when he sees you in real life and you look completely different from your photos?
Embrace your age and post photos that reflect how you look today.
It is also important that at least one of your photos shows your full body because otherwise, men will assume you are hiding something.
Also, try to avoid photos with other people, especially children or other men even if you are related.
2. Be Positive About Your Life
No one wants to read a bio full of negative words and phrases like “never”, “no”, or “hate”.
This is also not the place to complain about your bad luck with men or your past relationships.
You want to sound happy, approachable, and excited about life.
Talk about what makes you happy and why men should message or go on a date with you.
3. Mention Things That Make You Unique
What do you like to do in your free time?
Do you have any hobbies or interests that not many people know about?
Do you have some cool tattoos or funny travel stories that will make guys want to get to know you?
When talking about the things you enjoy, try to be descriptive.
For example instead of saying that you like to hike – talk about why you like hiking and what are your favorite trails.
If you like to travel say where you’ve been and talk about your travel bucket list. If you’re a foodie describe your favorite meals and restaurants.
The more specific the better because it helps guys get a sense of who you really are.
4. Avoid Overused Phrases
There is nothing wrong with saying “looking for my best friend”, “I love spending time with family and friends” or “fluent in sarcasm” but the problem is that every single woman on Tinder and Bumble uses these phrases and most men have heard them a million times.
5. Explain What You’re Looking For
There is no point in lying or pretending that you’re looking for a serious relationship when you’re really not.
If you’re only looking for casual dating, be upfront about it in your profile so there’s no confusion later on down the road when things get more serious.
Don’t miss: 250 Best Dating Site Username Examples for Females That Work
Dating Profile Examples for Mature Females
1. I’m a divorced mom of two looking for my next chapter.
I love spending time with my kids, but they are teenagers now so I have more free time on my hands. I like to stay active and enjoy working out, hiking, and running.
A perfect date for me would be something like dinner and a movie or perhaps just going to Starbucks and grabbing a coffee.
I’m looking for someone who is patient, understanding, and has a good sense of humor.
2. As a nurse, I am used to working long hours and shifts that can sometimes be unpredictable but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to enjoy life!
In my free time, I love going out dancing, doing yoga, and spending time with my dog hiking in the mountains.
I am looking for a man who is intelligent, active, and will understand my demanding career – especially my irregular working hours.
3. I’m a yoga teacher so staying fit is important to me physically and mentally!
When I’m not working or practicing yoga, you can usually find me reading a book or taking my dog for a walk in the park.
I am looking for someone who shares similar interests and values as me – someone who is health-conscious and enjoys being active.
4. As a former model, I know a thing or two about what it takes to look good.
However, that doesn’t mean that I don’t also enjoy indulging in some of life’s simple pleasures – like staying in pajamas all day watching TV dramas or eating loads of ice cream.
Now that I am getting older, I am ready to settle down and have a family. So if you’re mature, responsible, and looking for something serious – I could be the woman for you!
5. Hi! I recently moved to LA after living in Seattle for 10 years so it would be great to meet some new people here.
On Saturdays, you can usually find me hiking with my dog or catching up on some reading at home. In the evenings, I like going out for dinner and drinks with friends – nothing too crazy though. Sundays are typically reserved for relaxing at home or taking my dog to the park.
Looking for someone who knows how to balance work and play – someone who isn’t afraid to let loose but also knows when it’s time to get back to business.
Don’t miss: 17 Single Mom Dating Profile Examples
6. As a busy mom of two kids under the age of five, free time is something that I definitely do not have a lot of! In my spare time, I love reading, watching TV, or practicing yoga.
Looking for someone who understands the demands of parenting young children and is patient, understanding, and has a good sense of humor.
7. I am a hard-working professional who loves my job and all the challenges that come with it.
When I am not working, I like going out to eat, exploring new neighborhoods, and spending time with my friends. I also enjoy cooking, playing piano, and watching documentaries.
What I’m looking for in a partner is someone who is intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and can keep up with me both mentally and physically.
8. As a divorced woman in my fifties, I have learned what is important to me in life – good health, close relationships, meaningful work, and financial security.
While some of my interests have changed over the years – goodbye nightclubs! – others have remained constant: travel (I love discovering new places!), reading (can’t live without books!), cooking (Martha Stewart wannabe), and gardening (my zen activity).
My ideal man would be kind, active, and open-minded willing to travel and try new things.
9. After raising three kids on my own while working full-time as an engineer most of their childhood weekends were spent catching up on housework or doing laundry instead of being out socializing. So now that they are grown I want to take advantage of having more free time!
I am active and enjoy staying fit by running, biking or swimming but I also love just hanging out at home and watching a good movie.
A perfect evening for me would be going out to dinner with friends followed by a show or live music. I am looking for a man who is intelligent, financially stable, and mature.
10. Now that I am retired, I have more time to pursue the things I’ve always wanted to do – travel, learn new languages, and take up new hobbies.
So far I’ve been learning Italian and volunteering at a local animal shelter! I am looking for someone who is kind, honest and has similar interests.
Don’t miss: 37 Good Online Dating Profile Bios To Copy For Females
11. I’m a woman who knows what she wants in life and isn’t afraid to go after it. I’m ambitious, hardworking, and passionate about my career as an accountant.
When I’m not crunching numbers, you can usually find me cooking or enjoying a glass of wine with friends.
I am looking for someone who is also goal-oriented and driven, but can also relax and enjoy spending time together.
12. Hi there! My name is Anna.
I spend most of my time blogging/vlogging about veganism, environmental issues & social justice – topics that are important to me. I also love nature, animals, and spending time outdoors.
In my free time, I like practicing yoga & meditation, cooking vegan meals, and listening to music.
I’m looking for someone who is adventurous, open-minded, and wants to make a difference in the world.
13. Hi there! As you can probably tell from my photos, I love spending time outdoors – whether it’s camping in the mountains or exploring new cities. I’m also a bit of a foodie, so finding new restaurants and cafes is always on my radar.
So far most of the men I’ve met have been more interested in talking about their careers than anything else – which gets old fast! I want to meet a man who is confident and secure in himself so we can share our interests together.
14. Hi there! My name’s Kate and I work as a waitress during the weekdays but my weekends are free to do as I please! And what pleases me most lately is spending time outside – whether it’s going on walks/runs or hitting up some Farmer’s Markets.
Health and fitness are also very important to me so it would be ideal if my partner feels the same way however that isn’t strictly required.
15. Hi! I’m Jane! Most of my time lately has been spent painting and getting reacquainted with myself now that my kids are grown and out of the house.
It’s been a great journey but I’m ready to share it with someone special. Someone who understands the creative process would be ideal but most importantly, I am seeking somebody who is open-minded, compassionate, and supportive.
Don’t miss: 121 Funny Dating Profile Headlines for Females to Attract Guys
16. After years of being in relationships where I was always giving more than I was receiving, I am finally taking some time for myself to focus on my own happiness.
That includes exploring new interests like painting and hiking, traveling, and meeting new people.
Family and friends are important to me and they would have to be okay with whoever I end up dating – no pressure!
17. Ready for something different? Here it goes – I am a single mother of two amazing children who are currently 14 and 16 years old. My ex-husband left us when they were just 3 and 5 so I’ve been flying solo for quite some time now.
Ready to start dating again but this time no games! Looking for an honest, hardworking man that has his life together and wants to build something long-lasting.
18. As a professional chef, food is obviously a huge part of my life – but that doesn’t mean I spend all day in the kitchen!
When I’m not cooking up something new or working at the restaurant, you can usually find me hiking or biking around town.
I’m looking for someone who appreciates good food and is active like me.
19. Hi there! I work in the medical field and love my job – helping others is my passion.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time outdoors hiking, biking and surfing or just relaxing at home with a good movie or a book.
I am looking for a man who is confident and comfortable in his own skin – someone who can take charge when necessary but also knows how to sit back and let me take the lead sometimes.
20. Life is too short not to go after what you want! That’s why I’ve decided to put myself out there and start dating again after being divorced for the last ten years.
It hasn’t always been easy but it has definitely been worth it – especially now that my kids are old enough to understand what mommy is doing.
Now that they are taken care of, I feel like it’s finally my turn to focus on finding happiness again. Hopefully, that includes finding a special man to share my life with once more.
Don’t miss: 117 Funny Pros and Cons of Dating Me
21. As someone in her forties, I feel like I’ve finally got my life together – professionally and personally.
After years of working hard, I’ve achieved success in my career and can now focus on other things, like spending time with family and friends, traveling, and pursuing my hobbies like yoga and photography.
I want to find someone who is settled in their own life and is looking for a mature, long-term relationship.
22. Hello! My name is Jenna and I am 36 years old currently living in LA working as a writer.
In my free time, you could find me hiking Runyon Canyon or hanging out at local coffee shops.
I’m looking for a funny, charming, and intelligent man who can keep up with my busy lifestyle and understands the chaotic entertainment industry!
23. Hello! To start off with I don’t really like writing these kinds of self-summaries! haha But here it goes…
I’m a flight attendant and have been for 10 years now. I love my job but it can be stressful at times so in my free time I like to relax and unwind with some yoga, reading, or spending time outdoors.
I have no time or patience for games – I’m looking for a serious, committed relationship.
24. Hi! I’m Sarah – born and raised in sunny California. Recently moved to the east coast for work (I’m an engineer).
In my spare time, I like exploring new places, going on hikes, playing tennis, learning new languages, cooking and the list goes on.
A few things that are very important to me in a relationship are honesty and communication as well as mutual respect for each other. If any of this sounds interesting to you so far then feel free to reach out!
Read next: 167 Examples of Good Bios for Women (Witty & Funny)
Dating Sites to Try in 2023!
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Educated Professionals||Browse Photos|
|Best for 50+ Singles||Browse Photos|
|Best for Christian Singles||Browse Photos|