No one wants to come across as boring or annoying when texting their crush.
Unfortunetly, it’s very easy to fall into the trap of sending unoriginal predictable messages that are more likely to make your crush lose interest than spark a conversation.
Some examples of the messages you should try to avoid if you want to keep things interesting are “Hey!”, “How are you?” or “What’s up?”
Instead, try to be a little more creative with your texts even if it means stepping outside of your comfort zone.
Show your crush that you’re interested in getting to know him or her by asking them about their weekend plans, their hobbies, or something else that’s going on in their life.
|Dating Website||Why You Should Join?||Check it Out|
|Best for Dating||Browse Photos|
|Best for Serious Relationships||Browse Photos|
If you’re stuck, try sending a funny meme, photo, or video to keep the conversation going.
Also don’t forget to keep things light and fun to avoid coming across as too pushy or desperate.
To give you a better idea of the type of messages you should be sending your crush if you want to keep things more exciting, we will share with you 100 examples of texts that you can use for yourself.
Obviously, you’ll want to tailor these texts to the person you’re texting, but feel free to use them as your starting point.
How to Text Your Crush Without Being Boring?
1. Did anything interesting happen to you today? I had a really weird dream last night that I want to tell you about.
2. I’m thinking of getting a plant for my apartment. Do you have any recommendations?
3. Do you like to cook? I was thinking about making dinner tonight and could use some help in the kitchen.
4. What’s your favorite color? I’m trying to decide what color to paint my living room and could use some inspiration.
5. I’m looking for new music to listen to. Do you have any recommendations?
6. I’m hungry, but can’t decide what to eat. Help me out here!
7. I was thinking about how much fun we had the other night. Thanks for being such a great friend (and an even better hugger).
8. I’m going to be in your neighborhood later today and I was wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee or something?
9. Will you be my study buddy for finals week? I need someone to keep me motivated.
10. Today has been rough and I could really use a hug. Would you be willing to provide one via text?
11. So, I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately… in a non-creepy way, of course!
12. Are you free this weekend? I was thinking maybe we could go on a hike or something?
13. I just bought a new book and I can’t wait to start reading it. What are you reading right now?
14. I’m feeling really lazy today. Do you want to come over and do nothing with me?
15. I had a really bad day today and could use some cheering up. Can I buy you a drink?
16. Do you want to come over and watch a movie with me tonight? I’ll make popcorn.
17. I’m at the grocery store, what kind of snacks do you want me to get for our next Netflix marathon?
18. I’m wearing the shirt you left at my place last weekend. Hope you don’t mind.
19. I’ve been thinking about you a lot today. Did anything interesting happen to you?
20. I’m making homemade pizza for dinner tonight. Would you like to come over and help me eat it?
21. Do you have any plans for the weekend? I’m thinking of going hiking and would love some company.
22. I’m at the bookstore and I can’t decide which book to buy. What are you reading right now that I should check out?
23. I just saw the cutest cat on the internet. Here, look.
24. My best friend is getting married next month and I’m in charge of the bachelorette party. Any suggestions?
25. I’m thinking of getting a new tattoo. What do you think of this design?
Don’t miss: 150 Freaky & Flirty Questions to Ask Your Crush
26. I’m making a list of things to do before the end of the year and I’d love your input. What’s something you’ve always wanted to do?
27. I’m starting to think you have magic powers, because every time I’ve been thinking about you lately, you’ve popped up in my life.
28. What’s your favorite kind of ice cream? I’m really craving some right now.
29. I’m making dinner tonight and would love some company. You’re welcome to come over!
30. I’m thinking of getting a new haircut. What do you think of this style?
31. Trying out a new coffee shop today. So far, it’s not living up to the hype.
32. Just found out that my favorite band is coming to town! Wanna go see them with me?
33. I’m thinking of getting a new piercing. What do you think?
34. I’m thinking of getting a pet, but I can’t decide what kind. What’s your favorite animal?
35. I’m hungry but don’t want to cook. Wanna get food together?
36. My boss is being really annoying today. Got any words of wisdom to make me feel better?
37. I’m so bored at work today. Help me pass the time by sending me some memes!
38. Here’s a funny meme I saw that made me think of you.
39. Have you ever been skydiving? I’ve always wanted to try it but I’m scared of heights.
40. Please tell me you don’t like Batman v Superman because I really need someone to talk to about how much that movie sucked.
41. Just wondering, do you still have that picture of me from the graduation party? I’d really like it back…
42. If you could be any animal, what would you be? I’d be a cat so that I could spend my days sleeping and being lazy.
43. I just found out that my favorite TV show was canceled. What should I do with my life now?
44. I’m pretty sure that our math teacher is actually an alien. What evidence do you have to disprove this theory?
45. I’m debating whether or not it’s worth it to wake up for my 8 am chemistry class tomorrow. What do you think?
46. I just saw a really cute cat and now I can’t stop thinking about it.
47. I’m considering giving up caffeine. Do you think it’s worth it?
48. I’m craving ice cream right now but there’s none in the house. Want to go get some with me?
49. I’m considering becoming a vegetarian. Would you still date me if I did?
50. I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams lately. In my latest one, you were a giant chicken. What does that mean?
51. Are you busy tonight, or can you hang out with me and help me with my math homework?
52. I’m starting to think that my cat is actually a dog in disguise. Do you think I should take her to the vet to get checked out?
53. I just saw a dog wearing an ‘I <3 🍆’ sweater. What is the world coming to?
54. I’m at Starbucks and there’s a really long line. Should I leave and get coffee elsewhere? Do you know any good coffee shops nearby?
55. I’m pretty sure I’m going to fail this test. Do you want to study with me and help me out?
56. Can you tell me what is your favorite animal so I can get you a stuffed one for your birthday?
57. My cat is being really cute today. Here’s a picture.
58. Today, I found out that my dog has been secretly sleeping on my bed when I’m not home…
59. There’s this new restaurant that just opened up downtown and I really want to try it out. Would you be interested in coming with me?
60. I’m starting to think that my cat is judging me. She keeps giving me this weird look and following me around everywhere I go. Do you think I should be worried?
61. I had a dream about you last night…we were making out in a pool of marshmallows. What does it mean?!
62. If you could be any animal, what would you be? I’d be a sloth because they’re so cute and they sleep a lot.
63. I’m pretty sure I’m the only person who didn’t realize that it would be cold today and came dressed for the summer. Is your day going better than mine?
64. I was just looking at pictures of food on the internet, and now I’m really hungry. What are you up to?
65. So I’m in line at the grocery store and the person in front of me has, like, a million items and the cashier is taking forever. I’m starting to get hangry. What are you up to?
66. I was trying to decide what to wear tonight and I realized that I have nothing appropriate to wear. Would you happen to have any suggestions?
67. Have you been working out? You look really good!
68. I was just thinking about how much fun it would be to go on a road trip together. Where would you want to go?
69. Hey, do you want to come over and help me with this puzzle I’ve been working on for weeks? It’s driving me crazy!
70. I’m debating whether or not to dye my hair black. What do you think?
71. I had a dream about you last night. Do you want to hear about it?
72. I just saw the cutest baby animal video on the internet and it made me think of you. Aww!
73. I’m at the beach and I wish you were here with me!
74. One of my coworkers is being really annoying today and I can’t concentrate on anything. Do you have any tips on how to deal with people like that?
75. I can’t believe I slept through my alarm this morning and woke up an hour late for work.
76. I just saw the most adorable puppy on the street. Should I adopt it?
77. How’s your week going so far? Mine has been pretty busy but okay, except for Monday when my alarm didn’t go off and I overslept
78. I’m pretty sure I’m the only person in the world who can’t parallel park. Can you teach me how?
79. I’m very indecisive so I need your help! What should I wear to my friend’s wedding?
80. I’ve been trying to think of a movie to watch for hours now and I still can’t decide. What are your thoughts on Shameless?
81. Just found out that I’m allergic to my cat. I’m pretty sure he’s the only one who’s happy about this turn of events.
82. I think my dreams are trying to tell me something. Last night, I dreamt that I was a beaver.
83. Trying to decide what to have for dinner and feeling conflicted… on one hand, pizza sounds really good… but on the other hand, so does Chinese food…
84. My dog seems to be getting lonely lately, so I’ve been thinking about getting her a companion. Do you think a hamster would be a good idea?
85. I’m trying to fight my fear of spiders by looking at pictures of them online. Do you have any tips?
86. I had a dream about you last night, and we were doing really gross things together. Do you want to hear about it?
87. I’m really bored right now, so I thought I’d see if you’re up for a video chat?
88. I just saw the cutest dog on the street. Can we go get ice cream together so I can tell you all about it?
89. I bet you’re wondering why I haven’t texted you last night. Well, my phone ran out of battery, and then I fell asleep. Oops!
90. I can’t sleep. Will you tell me a bedtime story?
91. On a scale from 1-10, how surprised would you be if I showed up at your door right now?
92. I’m at this really terrible bar by myself. Come save me?
93. My friends are all going out and I don’t want to be the third wheel. Will you go out with me tonight?
94. Do you like my new outfit? I was thinking of wearing it on our next date.
95. Are you free for lunch tomorrow? I’d love to buy you a meal to thank you for your help last week.
96. Do you want to come over and help me cook dinner? I’m not the best cook, but I promise it will be fun.
97. I just found out that there’s a meteor shower tonight! Would you want to go see it with me?
98. I can’t focus on anything today because I keep thinking about you.
99. I was going to go for a run, but then I thought maybe you would like to come with me?
100. Have you ever tried oysters? I’m thinking of trying it and wanted to know if it’s as gross as it looks?