Writing flirty and unique icebreakers that get responses on Tinder takes time and requires a little bit of creativity but with a bit of practice, anyone can learn how to write lines that work all the time. To get you started we came up with 14 sample Tinder icebreakers that you can start using right away!
Diving into the wonderful world of Tinder can be frustrating at times. You swipe right, and she does the same, so a match is found. But then, you send that initial message only to hear crickets in return. You ask yourself, “What did I say wrong? Didn’t her slide to the right mean she was interested in getting to know me?”
Well, you’ve just entered the fickle world of Tinder, one in which there are no guarantees that you’ll receive a response to your opening pick-up line. However, if you’d like to increase your chances of hearing back from those elusive future dates, here are some of the best icebreakers that will pique their curiosity and earn you that much sought-after initial greeting.
Appeal to the masses. In this section of icebreakers, we’ll reveal how integrating relevant, popular topics in a clever way can be a sure way to win a response.
- So, when are you coming over to watch Game of Thrones?
Most will scoff at the idea that this line will elicit a response, but EVERYBODY loves Game of Thrones, so it doesn’t matter how cheesy it sounds because you’ve brought up a topic that the other is most likely interested in.
- Trump’s President and Adele beat out Beyonce for Album of the Year. With the world on the fringes of ending, don’t you want the chance to meet someone fantastic like me before it’s too late?
Obviously, politics is a touchy subject, but when combined with another topic to form a lighthearted joke, its appeal is undeniable. Also, by incorporating music, which EVERYBODY loves, you target an emotional connection that will capture a need to know more.
Make Them Laugh
It’s no secret that a sense of humor is quite intoxicating. Everybody loves being around people that make them laugh. If you can send an icebreaker that makes them laugh out loud, a response will soon follow.
- Hi, how are you?… We have good taste…This is so us, me doing all the talking and you just sitting there looking pretty.
- Sup girl? Wait, that’s not what I meant. Let me try that again. What is up you beautiful female specimen?
- What’s a charming guy like you doing with a body like that?
- How much does it take to date you? Because you look expensive!
- My parents think I’m gay. Can you help me prove her wrong?
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
Side note: These last few are sexual in nature, and it’s strongly advocated to not begin a conversation pertaining to sex. However, if you’re able to make them laugh with a slightly naughty joke, they can’t resist responding to your message. You just have to be very clever and very subtle. The worst thing you can do is come off creepy.
- I must be hunting treasure because I’m digging your chest.
- I’m in the range of your hotspot. Let me connect and get full access.
- What is a nice girl like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?
Give Them the Opportunity to Share Something About Themselves
If you’ve ever been given advice on how to proceed on a date, hopefully, it was impressed upon you how important it is to show an interest in your date. The same goes for Tinder icebreakers. Here are few openers that you genuinely want to get to know them.
- You seem interesting, like someone I’d actually like to get to know better. So, tell me, when was the last time you did something adventurous?
The wording is key here because it makes it seem as though you don’t send out hundreds of feelers a day. Also, the topic of “adventure” is very appealing because the conversation has so many directions it can take, which in itself can be an adventure.
- Hey Kristen, how would you describe the perfect day off?
Not only will this trigger a response, but it will be the start of an interesting conversation that leads to what each other does for a living, their hobbies, and daily routines.
- Hi Rob, I see that you like to travel. I do, too. Where is one place you’ve never been to that you’d like to visit, and then, where is one you wish you were raised?
It is important to use details from their profiles to initiate a conversation. In this case, you combine desire and imagination to relate to something they have an interest in.
Tinder is a great way to meet new people. Unfortunately, be aware that not every match will end with a date and some may not even result in a conversation. However, if you want to give yourself the best chance of attracting a response, try a few of these icebreakers out. You’ll be amazed at how many more responses you receive.